Sometimes Great ... Sometimes a POS

Witterings

Major Contributor
Tonight's a prime example, my mini keeps stopping every 40 seconds then starting again, it's very easy to blame it on Amazon so 1st off I stop casting to the WiiM and played it on the tablet perfectly so I cast it to the mini again and within 20 seconds it stops, starts again after 3/4 seconds and 30 seconds later repeats.

Switch to casting to an Echo Dot and plays perfectly so whilst it's very easy to blame it on them I don't think it's Amazon.

Sometimes I just feel we're free testers for the company which may be acceptable in some regions of the world but very definitely not in others.

I appreciate they're trying to improve it and have come a long way but find a bunch of testers and pay them before releasing updates instead of having so little respect for your future buyers.

I had a similar issue and it ended up being a internet connection issue with my ISP, keep in mind that playing a song on an echo or on a smart device is usually only going to play at 16/44 or 24/48 which uses very little bandwidth so you cant use that as a baseline. Trying to play a 24/192 track on the Wiim could be using around 6-7mbits per second, I know most people have very fast internet connections these days but I would investigate it regardless.

I had a similar issue and it ended up being a internet connection issue with my ISP, keep in mind that playing a song on an echo or on a smart device is usually only going to play at 16/44 or 24/48 which uses very little bandwidth so you cant use that as a baseline. Trying to play a 24/192 track on the Wiim could be using around 6-7mbits per second, I know most people have very fast internet connections these days but I would investigate it regardless.

I get that it's why the very 1st thing I did before before trying it on anything else was run a few ADSL speed tests to see if anything was happening.

OK .... so the pause button with Amazon music seems to have plummeted to a new low of how long it takes to pause,

I've also been messing with the EQ and I've seen comments from other users saying it distorts when you use it, most of what I was trying was at a really low volume but tonight I tried turning it up and it was absolutely awful.

I'm sorry but this product is still in the cheap toy stage for me.

I doubt the culprit is the Wiim mini. I have two mini's and one Wiim Pro and all three work flawlessly. Have you confirmed that you have a consistent wifi signal?

I doubt the culprit is the Wiim mini. I have two mini's and one Wiim Pro and all three work flawlessly. Have you confirmed that you have a consistent wifi signal?

I'm not sure how exactly how I'd confirm that but I immediately do ADSL speed tests if I get a problem 1st. I then try it on a WiFi connected tablet and no prblem.
I use the same WiFi from the same area for HD films and don't have a problem .... not sure what else I could do to check?

I'm not sure how exactly how I'd confirm that but I immediately do ADSL speed tests if I get a problem 1st. I then try it on a WiFi connected tablet and no prblem.
I use the same WiFi from the same area for HD films and don't have a problem .... not sure what else I could do to check?
Just a suggestion, you might try a bluetooth connection and see if it does the same thing.

Back