SPDIF cable?

adias

Major Contributor
Which toslink cable 3-6ft are you using? Plastic core fiber or glass?

Unique Products Online 3Ft. Toslink Glass Digital Audio Cable, 35$ on amazon, and it connects well to the mini's port, which we all know can be finicky.​

Unique Products Online 3Ft. Toslink Glass Digital Audio Cable, 35$ on amazon, and it connects well to the mini's port, which we all know can be finicky.​

I agree. I just got that and it is a great cable.

historically the toslink was limited to 96k24.. it is the development of the adat which seems to me to override it..(in this case, the spdif is probably safer when going up in resolution.. especially since many somewhat old dacs are anyway limited to 96k in toslink)
it is still quite possible to block on the wiim at 96k which is already huge.. and so you will hardly encounter problems with the toslink cable etc. and thus possibly stay with the small cable provided.. in coherence with the small price of a mini..
and not necessarily put a cable at 35 dollars on a streamer at 100..
;-)))

anyway if we take a little distance...
the problem, the real coherence, will be that a future mini "mk2" will have to take care of its audio part, analog output, to be a coherent "all in one a 80-100dollars "addressing the greatest number.. without external dac...
and basically can be even more stupid to have to use a pro with dac because the idea could be even more to switch from an external dac

Last edited:
historically the toslink was limited to 96k24.. it is the development of the adat which seems to me to override it..(in this case, the spdif is probably safer when going up in resolution.. especially since many somewhat old dacs are anyway limited to 96k in toslink)
it is still quite possible to block on the wiim at 96k which is already huge.. and so you will hardly encounter problems with the toslink cable etc. and thus possibly stay with the small cable provided.. in coherence with the small price of a mini..
and not necessarily put a cable at 35 dollars on a streamer at 100..
;-)))

anyway if we take a little distance...
the problem, the real coherence, will be that a future mini "mk2" will have to take care of its audio part, analog output, to be a coherent "all in one a 80-100dollars "addressing the greatest number.. without external dac...
and basically can be even more stupid to have to use a pro with dac because the idea could be even more to switch from an external dac
Who said I have a mini? :)

?
whether it is the mini or the pro, is rather similar as a situation ...(even if it seems a little cleaner on the pro)

Back