SPDIF in not working properly

Anonymous

Hi there,

I have my cd player (Marantz CD6007) connected to my Pro via SPDIF in. This way I can listen to my CDs on both my pro (connected to my edifier s3000pro speakers) and mini (connected to a como audio musica) simultaneously. At least, that was the idea. So far it's not working properly. After I started a CD and set up multi room audio, all is well for a couple of songs / minutes. But after a short period of time the music on the pro becomes distorted and on the mini it's stuttering. When I disable the group and enable it again, it sounds good again for a short period of time but pretty quickly the same problem occurs.

Anyone experiencing the same problem with their SPDIF in and especially when streaming this input to another WiiM device?

Hi there,

I have my cd player (Marantz CD6007) connected to my Pro via SPDIF in. This way I can listen to my CDs on both my pro (connected to my edifier s3000pro speakers) and mini (connected to a como audio musica) simultaneously. At least, that was the idea. So far it's not working properly. After I started a CD and set up multi room audio, all is well for a couple of songs / minutes. But after a short period of time the music on the pro becomes distorted and on the mini it's stuttering. When I disable the group and enable it again, it sounds good again for a short period of time but pretty quickly the same problem occurs.

Anyone experiencing the same problem with their SPDIF in and especially when streaming this input to another WiiM device?
I haven’t yet got 2 WiiMs to try this but I do have other multiple other devices that can do similar.

I’d suggest that your issue is more likely a WiFi related problem as I’m sure WiiM will have tested your use case fairly seriously.

Is the Pro wired?

I haven’t yet got 2 WiiMs to try this but I do have other multiple other devices that can do similar.

I’d suggest that your issue is more likely a WiFi related problem as I’m sure WiiM will have tested your use case fairly seriously.

Is the Pro wired?
Thanks for your reply

The pro is wired. It is not a wifi issue since it only occurs in this specific case. All other streams (eg quboz) work absolutely fine.

I contacted WiiM and they said they recognise the issue and are working on a solution.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I have a CD changer connected on pro spdif in and played the entire CD but did not encounter an issue. I will use it more and see if there’s a problem.

I have a CD changer connected on pro spdif in and played the entire CD but did not encounter an issue. I will use it more and see if there’s a problem.
Thanks, the biggest problem occurs when I play the cd on both the pro and mini simultaneously. Playing on just the pro has been fine so far (except for one time when the sound sounded distorted all of a sudden). Do you use a similar set up or just the pro?

Back