Spotify to Tidal

delage

Looks like Spotify are putting prices of the family plan up from £17.99 to £19.99. Whereas the TIDAL family plan is £16.99.

So I'm thinking of moving. Is there anything I need to consider or is it all upside?

Looks like Spotify are putting prices of the family plan up from £17.99 to £19.99. Whereas the TIDAL family plan is £16.99.

So I'm thinking of moving. Is there anything I need to consider or is it all upside?
Just whether the family will complain about the switch!

There’s also the drop in quality from lossless hi res in Tidal (leaving aside MQA) up to 24/192 FLAC to lossy 320Kbps in Spotify…

There’s also the drop in quality from lossless hi res in Tidal (leaving aside MQA) up to 24/192 FLAC to lossy 320Kbps in Spotify…
In this case it's rather a rise from lossy 320Kbps in Spotify to up to 24/192 FLAC in Tidal. ;)
Just whether the family will complain about the switch!
Exactly.

@delage, if your family is mainly into podcasts then Tidal won't keep them happy. If it's mainly for music, go ahead.

I ended up paying for two family plans in my unsuccessful attempt tu push everybody to Tidal, at least for now ... 😝

Last edited:
Back