Strange coincidence?

Staresyj

Major Contributor
I updated the Wiim App this morning, updates seem helpful. However, after doing so, I turned on my system (Wiim Pro - to Topping Dac via Toslink) and for some strange reason (first time ever) the Topping played at pre-amp setting and not DAC only?? I have had the Topping set at DAC only for weeks and never change it.
This could just be the Topping having a moment, but I wonder if it was related to the Wiim App upgrade? Can't see any obvious reason why it would??
Bizarre.. Anyway, I changed the Topping back to DAC only and all seems fine.

No way it could be the WiiM firmware/app update. The TOSlink just has a red light that sends 1’s and 0’s. You may have held the E30 power button too long - that’s how my mark I changed modes.

Don’t see how holding the power button for more than a microsecond would change the setting from DAC only to pre amp? Don’t you have to access the menu option for that change?

Not on an e30 mark I. You hold the power button with the unit off to switch pre/dac. Regardless, the WiiM Home app update didn’t send negative waves to your E30.😁

I’m not picking a fight ! All I did was power up the Wiim and opened the app, I then introduced power to the Topping e30ii using a power bank. The Topping blinks waiting for a signal from the Wiim, I played a tune and it had reverted to pre amp mode? Don’t see what else I could have inadvertently touched/altered as I never touched the DAC other than plugging in the power bank?

No fights. I’m just saying something else happened. Work with me here.😁 I’ve had careers as both a software architect and a high end audio/video retailer. There’s just no way through radio waves or cables for the app to communicate a command like that to the E30. Some other glitch in the Matrix occurred.

No fights. I’m just saying something else happened. Work with me here.😁 I’ve had careers as both a software architect and a high end audio/video retailer. There’s just no way through radio waves or cables for the app to communicate a command like that to the E30. Some other glitch in the Matrix occurred.
Well I said it was bizarre! Maybe the cat has been playing with it! Can you switch from pre amp to DAC and vice versa with the remote? I should check that out

Did you ever try plugging the E30 in with an iPhone wall wart? I’m curious if you hear a difference positive/negative between the the two? If you plug-in and the mark II is like the mark I - there’s a auto power off/on based on input.

Yes I have tried an iPhone charger, can’t say I can notice any difference TBH

Back