Subscription messed up

Since today (10 April) Tidal has merged High/Plus and due to this fact, subscription is visible as High in Wiim. Unfortunately due to that change, max bitrate is 44kHz/16bit. Please fix it

I did wonder about the setting in the WiiM Home app, but I'm currently playing my first Tidal Max Flac album since the merger of both tiers.
Perhaps WiiM will update the Tidal account screen in the WHA in a coming update.

I have just signed up to a new Tidal subscription and using the Wiim app it seems to be limited to 16bit/44.1KHz. With Tidal Connect, high res (FLAC and MQA) works fine.

I have just signed up to a new Tidal subscription and using the Wiim app it seems to be limited to 16bit/44.1KHz. With Tidal Connect, high res (FLAC and MQA) works fine.
I hope it is because app was not updated to reflect subscription changes in Tidal

Checked it also with the Android app. Everything is fine and works.

Lets see what happens on the 17th once my subscription is renewed ;-)

Since today (10 April) Tidal has merged High/Plus and due to this fact, subscription is visible as High in Wiim. Unfortunately due to that change, max bitrate is 44kHz/16bit. Please fix it
Please submit a ticket to WiiM via the settings/feedback section in the WiiM Home app so they can fix it. This is primarily a user community forum, not a route to support :)

A fix is required, indeed, and it's in the works, WiiM responded to my ticket.

Till then we can still use Tidal Connect and get the highest available resolution stream, even if the "HiFi" plan has been automatically upgraded to the new "TIDAL" plan.

Back