Test WIIM pro+ with different power supplies

I bought this one for my WIIM Pro Plus (75,-- Euro incl. Tax):
And do you have it already in use, if so, what is your impression?

Another very good power supply for the WIim Pro, not mentioned yet afak, is the USB power output of the Audioquest Powerblock Powerquest 2 or 3, I have the 3, and in my situation and to my ears it is comparable to the Audiophonics LPS.

If the WiiM Pro Plus required a better power supply, WiiM would have provided it in the box, or available for purchase. It's simple as that.
If only things were that simple.
Manufacturers also have to take into account the selling price. It is always a compromise and maybe WIim does not want to market separate power supplies anyway.
A brand that does sell a seperate PSU is Ferrum, they sell a Hypsos power supply for their DAC / Headphone Amp and everybody who hears it can immediately tell the improvement. Wether somebody would find it worthy of the investment is for another discussion somewhere else.

A brand that does sell a seperate PSU is Ferrum, they sell a Hypsos power supply for their DAC / Headphone Amp and everybody who hears it can immediately tell the improvement.
In sighted tests, yes, this is not uncommon. It's a well-known phenomenon called confirmation bias. In properly conducted double-blind tests, however, they very likely won't hear any difference at all.

In sighted tests, yes, this is not uncommon. It's a well-known phenomenon called confirmation bias. In properly conducted double-blind tests, however, they very likely won't hear any difference at all.
Why do you want that discussion here over and over again?

Guys in blind tests not all fail . Although knowing your system building memory and then listening to a new component will lead to definite results . Many people buy stuff and they return it during the return period . If confirmation bias and placebo was so much affecting judgment then nobody would return a product

In any case you cannot know if someone would hear the difference in a blind test unless a specific component was tested in their specific system and you would be present .

So nobody can prove anything and the discussion is pointless .

It is better to rely on measurements and theory and leave audibility aside . If something can improve a system it may be heard

I tested my iPower X I use on the WIIM pro on the Argon SOLO, not expecting anything because the Argon is supposed to clean the power by itself. Not so much. Immediate difference. So I had to get a second iPower..... I could pick that out in a blind A/B test (not a double blind, those are stupid)

Benchmarkmedia.com says, I quote:
"A well-designed switching power supply can be much quieter than a linear supply."

So the important words are here "can be".

A well-designed switching power supply can be as good as a LPS, maybe even better.

An who is convinced that the simple $ 2.50 plug-in switching power supply we get "for free" with a competitively priced WIIM Pro Plus is "well-designed"?

It is sufficient to make the WIIM Pro Plus work? Yes!

Is it better than a well-designed LPS? I do not think so!

Is it as good as a well-designed switching power supply, as Benchmark refers to? I do doubt it.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

Dear cc_rider,

I know this must be quite hard for you:

You quoted Benchmark, and YES, right now do live with that, what they said: ...."can be....".

;) + :D

Back