The sound differences for all to hear between pro and pro+ : rca out

Here is an interesting recording of the rca output from the WiiM pro and WiiM pro+

With good loudspeakers , you can hear that the pro+ sounds slightly better , meatier, more dynamic and cleaner .

The difference between pro and pro + is, in my opinion, slightly larger than using a better power supply .

Do you hear a difference ?

Last edited:
What I can hear is the fact that YT is most likely the by far worst method to show differences in sound. Both with ipad and android phone speakers as well as the two devices attached to a pretty good dac and pretty good headphones. There is no better in poor, sorry ;-)
That does not mean there is no difference, I think there is quite sure one. And if you made this video I appreciate the work you have done and sharing it. But the specific method for me is not a good one.

Last edited:
Here is an interesting recording of the rca output from the WiiM pro and WiiM pro+

With good loudspeakers , you can hear that the pro+ sounds slightly better , meatier, more dynamic and cleaner .

The difference between pro and pro + is, in my opinion, slightly larger than using a better power supply .

Do you hear a difference ?
I don't - and likely never will - use the rca outs from any of my 3 wiims (two standard and one pro). I never liked the sound of the wiim's RCA outs compared to the sound from my external dacs.
But the WIIMs sound great as streamers. Almost - but not quite - as good as an RPI4 streaming with DAC hat.
And the app is so much better than what is available for free for an RPI.

I don't - and likely never will - use the rca outs from any of my 3 wiims (two standard and one pro). I never liked the sound of the wiim's RCA outs compared to the sound from my external dacs.
But the WIIMs sound great as streamers. Almost - but not quite - as good as an RPI4 streaming with DAC hat.
And the app is so much better than what is available for free for an RPI.
""wiim standart"" ?

Standard can be understood to be the basic unenhanced version of something, so in this context, for me at least, it is clearly referring to the WiiM mini.

that's what I thought and wanted to check...
especially since "mini" takes less time to write than "standard"..
(we know that the mini and pro dac cards are very limited..it's not a secret)

Back