Tidal Connect doesnt work again...

kevinek

Major Contributor
Tidal app wont see Wiim after a while or when I am back at home. I have tried clean cache, reinstall... Sometimes it helps for a while. Sometimes tidal app is frozen on wiim connected but not responding. I wrote their support but they don't care. Tidal inside Wiim Home app works OK.

I am European. I like to have everything adjustable. I want to have headphone input. I want have ability to choose what I want. For me iphone is overpaid and insults people's intelligence and uses the users at every turn to "milk them out" of money for things that are free in android.
Good choice, I'm glad that Tidal is working fine on Android 😉

I have google dns. Wiim has excellent signal and is placed 0.5m from router. Also wiim home app works great. Only issue is with tidal app since two updates.
I have similar issue. Sometimes tidal connect was changed to abnormal unlink. Just in tidal app not in wiim app. I use ios.
However I control tidal music with wiim, I could not experience this abnormal disconnect. I think this issue can be from tidal application. I want fix this abnormal disconnect issue.

Hi! I still have difficulties with tidal connect. It doesnt see wiim but sees Chromecast. Today I was listening for a while and was ok. Than I took some break and wanted to stream again and wiim disappeared from tidal's app. Any ideas?

It happens to me from the desktop PC connected to the network via ethernet, then I connect a wifi usb adapter that I have configured in the same network and the Wiim mini appears, I select it, I start the music and I can now remove the usb adapter.

It shouldn't be that why. All started after infamous tidal app upgrade when connect stopped working not only with wiim but also all known devices....

Tidal app on my andoid phone freezes, this is quite frustrating. The tidal app gives me access to much more features than tidal on the Wiim app and is much preferred. I hope this will be solved soon.

What usually works for me:
1. Open Wiim home app first and wait few seconds.
2. Open Tidal app and then use connect.
If You want to change music in a while then:
1. Reopen wiim home app.
2. Reopen tidal app.

What usually works for me:
1. Open Wiim home app first and wait few seconds.
2. Open Tidal app and then use connect.
If You want to change music in a while then:
1. Reopen wiim home app.
2. Reopen tidal app.
Interesting - since Firmware 3.6.437934 I never had a single issue with Tidal Connect.

I wonder if it is a network issue with you guys having problems

If I had to do those steps to play music my WiiM Mini would be listed for sale on eBay lol

Works flawlessly for me every time now

Tidal's been playing up for me recently too, but also to a bluesound node, so I'm more inclined to blame Tidal.
Playiing up => crashing, freezing, or taking a very long time to 'catch up' to my buton presses, refusing to change target (e.g. back to local device).

Interesting - since Firmware 3.6.437934 I never had a single issue with Tidal Connect.

I wonder if it is a network issue with you guys having problems

If I had to do those steps to play music my WiiM Mini would be listed for sale on eBay lol

Works flawlessly for me every time now
I have super fast and well configured internet so that will not be a problem. I think tidal app is just piece of s***.

Hi everyone, the best way to enjoy Tidal is to use Bubble UPnP. It also has the special feature of sharing/sending playlists, tracks etc. within the Tidal app to the current Bubble UPnP playlist. I don't use the Tidal app anymore, for streaming Bubble is just the better alternative... and bug free!

Wow. Tidal connect still wasn't working. I tried the help on the wiim home, tried restarting wiim, deleting and reloading wiim home on my Android phone. Finally I restarted my router and that worked. But then I tried to play via Spotify connect and it would not connect. I went back to tidal and it showed it was not connected and the song waswas stopped. Yet it was still playing on my stereo. Both tidal and Spotify show no music playing. If I try to play on either it plays through my phone. Yet music is playing on my stereo. No way to stop it or see where it's coming from. Truly bizarre.

Back