Turning Chromecast Off

Horsey

Had tested Chromecast and it worked but I'm using mostly DLNA now. How does one turn off Chromecast?
The app shows a button to turn on. But not to turn Chromecast off. It doesn't show an option in the app as it stands.

Had recently turned off Wifi as going ethernet and thinking the more things off the more quiet and better sound can be.

Given that the setup of Chromecast results in the WiiM Pro appearing in the Google Home app, maybe removing it there disables the feature in the WiiM app?

Thanks for this suggestion, Brantome. I did load Google Home on IOS and launched it seeing my renamed device (Wiim Pro). But other than showing volume and bass and treble settings, there is no "off" option. The app showed the device as "not playing" which is odd as it is playing.

So, that's all I can see from the Google Home app approach.

Given that the setup of Chromecast results in the WiiM Pro appearing in the Google Home app, maybe removing it there disables the feature in the WiiM app?
I believe it's built into the firmware, and there may be some hardware component as well. That's why firing up Home will always find a Pro available for adoption (assuming the Pro is powered on, of course).

Thanks for this suggestion, Brantome. I did load Google Home on IOS and launched it seeing my renamed device (Wiim Pro). But other than showing volume and bass and treble settings, there is no "off" option. The app showed the device as "not playing" which is odd as it is playing.

So, that's all I can see from the Google Home app approach.
There’s a remove option under the WiiM Pro’s settings in the Goggle Home app - I was postulating that deleting it there might have the effect of undoing the setup of Chromecast in the WiiM app

I believe it's built into the firmware, and there may be some hardware component as well. That's why firing up Home will always find a Pro available for adoption (assuming the Pro is powered on, of course).
This is a good point. On IOS, the Wiim App does give you the choice to turn on Chromecast. But like Hotel California, you can check out any time you like but you can never leave. 🤣

Not even sure my theory that turning off Chromecast will aid sound quality. It's just my idea to keep off all services not in use/needed.

There’s a remove option under the WiiM Pro’s settings in the Goggle Home app - I was postulating that deleting it there might have the effect of undoing the setup of Chromecast in the WiiM app
Take a look and did go ahead and remove it within the Goggle Home app. It doesn't have any impact on Chromecast inside the Wiim app.
So Chromecast shows as active.

I'm also wanting to turn off Chromecast support. Please update if you have found a way. Otherwise, I'll just factory reset but was hoping not to

I'm also wanting to turn off Chromecast support. Please update if you have found a way. Otherwise, I'll just factory reset but was hoping not to

Upgraded to Verizon Fios and the Wiim Pro loves it. Am now on Chromecast using Audirvana. DLNA doesn’t show as an option. So for computer 🖥️ it’s Chromecast. Alternatively there’s the app on mobile devices.

For some reason with Audirvana, DLNA keeps going in and out.

Update: It's clear now the Wiim Pro is losing the connection even though it's connected via ethernet. On reboot both DLNA and Chromecast reappear and are available in Audirvana.

Last edited:
Do a factory reset & decline "Enable Chromecast" in the setup process.

I don't think there's any other option to turn off Chromecast once it has been set up.

Back