USB output

I started off with WiiM amp as a cheap and cheerful all in one amp. I have since bought standalone DAC and AMPs.WiiM Amp is a cracking streamer too and no point selling it and buying a WiiM pro

Hi Team,

We apologize for the delay in releasing the USB-out feature for the WiiM Amp. Our target is to launch Beta testing in April, and we're currently conducting internal tests with a limited range of USB DACs. To ensure compatibility with a broader array of DACs, including yours, we invite owners of USB DACs and WiiM Amps to join our Beta testing group for the USB Audio Out feature. Please submit a ticket to participate. Your contribution to refining this feature is invaluable. Thank you for collaborating with us on this development.
Hi, @WiiM Support,

I was looking forward to the USB output.
I will participate in the beta test. Should I submit a ticket now?

Thank you. 🤗

The digital USB output can feed preferred DAC/Amp combo's for headphone use. The "all in one" is missing headphone output.
ok..if for a headphone stage...
(from the beginning I was surprised by just the absence of a headphone output and a preamp output for possible evolution...for a minisystem "streaming only" approach)

brantome can say for headphone...""bluetooth""
;-)

it is noted... ;-)))
(personally my headphone amps are without dac so I don't mind)
(Post in thread 'USB output' https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/usb-output.232/post-46922
dac dac dac ...no reference to headphone amp ;-) )
I would have thought a small usb dongle dac would be quite neat looks wise, not take up much room, relatively inexpensive and depending on the model chosen give a balanced output. Good for the desk use rather than have a separate rca input headphone amp/box if space etc is an issue.

I would have thought a small usb dongle dac would be quite neat looks wise, not take up much room, relatively inexpensive and depending on the model chosen give a balanced output. Good for the desk use rather than have a separate rca input headphone amp/box if space etc is an issue.
Very good point :)

the consumption of this type of dongle will not be too high for this usb port?
found

650ma max
not many
(ps I don't know at all the subject of these dongles etc. ....)

Last edited:
the consumption of this type of dongle will not be too high for this usb port?
found

650ma max
not many
(ps I don't know at all the subject of these dongles etc. ....)
Most usb dongle dacs are designed for mobile phone usage so are designed to be power efficient. Check the specs if they say they can be used with usb 2.0 ports (via an adapter) then they should work as usb 2.0 is 480ma max current. The last time I looked at the output specs of one, a shanling I think, a review said it was around 100ma 'ish.

Most usb dongle dacs are designed for mobile phone usage so are designed to be power efficient. Check the specs if they say they can be used with usb 2.0 ports (via an adapter) then they should work as usb 2.0 is 480ma max current. The last time I looked at the output specs of one, a shanling I think, a review said it was around 100ma 'ish.
ok ;-)

Back