Volume control when using Tidal/ Tidal Connect

siufleung

I am interested to get a Wiim Pro, and I have a question about volume control when using Tidal/ Tidal Connect. Can I control the digital volume in the Tidal apps when streaming music using tidal connect from Wiim Pro to my DAC via coaxial, or Wiim apps, or the volume will be fixed? Thanks in advance

I am interested to get a Wiim Pro, and I have a question about volume control when using Tidal/ Tidal Connect. Can I control the digital volume in the Tidal apps when streaming music using tidal connect from Wiim Pro to my DAC via coaxial, or Wiim apps, or the volume will be fixed? Thanks in advance
if you set fixed volume on wiim app, you can't control from Tidal.
If the volume in wiim app is not set to fixed, you can control it from Tidal, regardless the kind of audio output

If the volume in wiim app is not set to fixed, you can control it from Tidal, regardless the kind of audio output
Thanks for your reply. Is it your own experience you can control the digital volume output in Tidal apps when wiim apps is not set to fixed?
It is important to me to know prior the purchase, I used to own a ifi zen stream but gave up because I can't control volume in tidal apps when using tidal connect. Best.

Consider it to be similiar to any other device you attach. Yes, you can control volume if config is like stated above - but be reminded that this is limited by the max volume you set on your amp. This does not work for me, as I do not want my amp to constantly run on lets say 50% volume. If you do so and forget to lower down volume when switching the input channel within your Amp, it will be not of fun.....

I am using an Heos integrated Amp - out of which you can control the Amp volume directly out of respective Apps (Heos, Spotify, BubbleUpnp, Mconnect, etc). I only use Wiim because of Tidal connect and I like the native App way more to explore musik. However, for playlist listening, Iam using Heos exactly for the conveniance of volume control.

Thanks for your reply. Is it your own experience you can control the digital volume output in Tidal apps when wiim apps is not set to fixed?
It is important to me to know prior the purchase, I used to own a ifi zen stream but gave up because I can't control volume in tidal apps when using tidal connect. Best.
Yes, it's my own experience, even few second ago, to be really sure, since for various reasons I use fixed volume...
With fixed volume set to off in WiiM's audio setting, you can control the level of any output of wiim, from the Tidal app itself, using the volume control of your terminal, both ios an android. There is just a little latency, less than a second, in changing, I think due to WiiM's buffer. The level variation on one mobile, is also reported on any other connected to that wiim in that moment. You can have different devices, simultaneously controlling and monitoring a single wiim.

Yes, it's my own experience, even few second ago, to be really sure, since for various reasons I use fixed volume...
With fixed volume set to off in WiiM's audio setting, you can control the level of any output of wiim, from the Tidal app itself, using the volume control of your terminal, both ios an android. There is just a little latency, less than a second, in changing, I think due to WiiM's buffer. The level variation on one mobile, is also reported on any other connected to that wiim in that moment. You can have different devices, simultaneously controlling and monitoring a single wiim.
Thanks for sharing your experience in detail! I think I will get a Wiim pro right away and compare it with the Raspberry pi streamer I am using!

Consider it to be similiar to any other device you attach. Yes, you can control volume if config is like stated above - but be reminded that this is limited by the max volume you set on your amp. This does not work for me, as I do not want my amp to constantly run on lets say 50% volume. If you do so and forget to lower down volume when switching the input channel within your Amp, it will be not of fun.....

I am using an Heos integrated Amp - out of which you can control the Amp volume directly out of respective Apps (Heos, Spotify, BubbleUpnp, Mconnect, etc). I only use Wiim because of Tidal connect and I like the native App way more to explore musik. However, for playlist listening, Iam using Heos exactly for the conveniance of volume control.
Thanks for your comment!

Thanks for sharing your experience in detail! I think I will get a Wiim pro right away and compare it with the Raspberry pi streamer I am using!
Hi Siufleung,

I'm interested in your WiiM Pro experience and comparison with the Raspberry Pi streamer. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I moved from the rpi streamer, using "HiTide" which is a non offical rip from a ifi device. Im using a wiim mini for now but may move to a pro at some point. I can say the ability to use alexa and combine my echo devices with my ancient RCA whole house audio is a nice feature for me. I would say the DAC on the mini is inferior to the hifiberry but im sure the pro is much better.

John

If you want a DAC with higher sound quality, look forward to the new WiiM, which is scheduled to be released in the first half of Q3.😃

The WiiM Mini and Pro have the same DAC…
I might do a comparison between the hifiberry dac+ and the wiim.... Anyone tried the FX-Audio DAC X-6.. there is a review on amazon mentioning Wiim but the feedback is quite minor improvement.

John

Hi Siufleung,

I'm interested in your WiiM Pro experience and comparison with the Raspberry Pi streamer. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
I like the Wiim pro better, it has better clarity and more dynamic sound. Also the user interface is far more better than logitech media server for tidal streaming. Highly recommended!

I like the Wiim pro better, it has better clarity and more dynamic sound. Also the user interface is far more better than logitech media server for tidal streaming. Highly recommended!
Thanks siufleung for your comments! Glad to hear :)

I am using the variable volume through the line out and cannot control the volume in Tidal connect with my Android phone

I am using the variable volume through the line out and cannot control the volume in Tidal connect with my Android phone
Variable volume, tidal connect and controlling volume from an old android tablet works for me.
Is it possible you need to choose the volume being controlled?
e.g. when I press the volume buttons there's an 'arrow' to expand the volume control to show what to control, media vs system vs notifications vs tidal.

Back