VPN Support

aux

Hi there!

This might be quite an edge case. But would it be possible to implement VPN support? Currently I must be connected to a WiFi network in order to use the WiiM Pro app.
IMG_4388.jpeg

But with the Wireguard VPN I have setup on my Unifi Dream Router at home, I can connect to my home network from my phone using mobile data. Sadly this does not allow me to access the WiiM pro at home.
IMG_4389.jpeg

I understand that this might not be a high priority issue, since most people don’t have their own VPN setup at home. But just a suggestion I had. Maybe add this as an advanced setting, off by default, so most people won’t be confused.

May be it is a good idea to tell WiiM via the feedback option your issue. Here (Germany) it works with VPN on and off.
Sure you know this

Out of interest what's the use case for this other than to annoy the family ;)

I use BubbleUPnP over wireguard to play (on the phone) and download music when I'm away, but the WHA is tied to remote hardware.

I'm obviously missing something but I can't think what.

Reactions: aux
Purely to set an alarm with a song to play during dinner. To check for updates, although those are automatically installed overnight. And uhh yeah, that’s all. Nothing else haha, just a random thought.

Last edited:
Back