Web interface?

eaches

Any plans to open/enable a web interface on the wiim units?
It would be nice to get now playing / player control on my desktop instead of he having to reach for a phone/tablet.
Or at least a desktop app.

I am aware a developer has enabled a basic "now playing" display hack, but it would be nice to have something officially supported.

There are desktop apps in beta versions available. There is also httpapi available which allows to control the player using web browser.

Yeah. that's what I was referring to in my initiial post. Was curious about something "official" / more straightforward.

Yeah. that's what I was referring to in my initiial post. Was curious about something "official" / more straightforward.
Sorry, misread that.

What others have also done on Windows is use the Windows Subsystem for Android and install the WiiM Android app there - would something like that be feasible/easier on a Linux workstation?

I am expanding on the original code that was developed by @retired-guy (wrote the web interface to display what is playing) so far I have added some functions to search the local network for any devices and then spawn listeners for each of the devices. Now i want to be able to select one of the streaming services that I have registered on the WiiM and play from there. I looked in the API documentation but there is no info on how to do this. Anyone knows if this is at all possible?

I had a screen with my pi + volumio. Although im enjoying the "just works" so far with the wiim pro..... i do miss the little 7" screen.

Come on @wiim.... lets have a wim pro+ that has a screen :D NAD m10 inspired please.

A
I am expanding on the original code that was developed by @retired-guy (wrote the web interface to display what is playing) so far I have added some functions to search the local network for any devices and then spawn listeners for each of the devices. Now i want to be able to select one of the streaming services that I have registered on the WiiM and play from there. I looked in the API documentation but there is no info on how to do this. Anyone knows if this is at all possible?
Amazing.

I DM'd him the other day on Audio Science about his project to get a display output of artowork for the Wiim Mini , he said last he checked it worked however did mention because WiiM are updating all the time.. he doesn't know if his code would still work.

For visibility:

1675024417398.png

You can not! The upnp data is one way street. That’s the precise reason why wiim app signed into music services and kept the secret token within before they can past music down to the player.

You can’t be the middle man intercept the music track uri (without token) to access the music from streaming services and pass over to a player. That would be a huge security risk.

One way you can do. For example the Spotify. Is you will go through the Spotify api from your code. Properly signed in and browse the music, find the track you wanted. Then pass music stream through the server software you wrote with upnp stream (go through a transcoder) then pass to a player securely. That’s how wiim app, the volumio, pretty much any other music server software did it.

To spoof upnp traffic is merely make you (the software like retire-guy did) as a “viewer” or a “controller” on the network. The actual playability is at music “server” and music “player”. To be able to push music to a player endpoint like wiim mini. You need to become a music server yourself first.

But once you have a selected players device. It is possible to control music play, pause, stop, next, previous actions. However when I tested these functions! Precious doesn’t work.

Back