WiiM + RYM + Tidal/Deezer/Qobuz

cc_rider

Major Contributor
Rateyourmusic.com is a superb site for music lovers, with every imaginable genre and album in its massive database, with a lot of metadata. So, I decided to integrate it with my WiiM and Tidal (Deezer and Qobuz not far behind, soon) as a Chrome extension.

I'll post the preliminary Tidal version here, with the embedded viewer/controller for your WiiM.

To install these, unzip to your drive.
Navigate in the Chrome browser to: chrome://extensions/
At the top right, enable Developer Mode
Click the Load Unpacked button, navigate to the directory where you unzipped one of these, and click Open.

Screenshot 2023-05-14 7.54.40 AM.png

Now, click on the Details button for the extension, scroll down a bit, and click on Extension Options. This will open a dialog where you need to input the IP address of your WiiM.

Screenshot 2023-05-14 7.58.01 AM.png

Once you see the green checkmark and your WiiM's name, close the dialog. Go back to the main Extensions page, and click the Refresh button a couple of times. This talks to your WiiM to get some needed data from it, and stores it in your browser's local database.

Screenshot 2023-05-14 7.59.02 AM.png

Do this for both the extensions, if you want the little viewer to display on the RYM album page.

Now navigate to an album page on RYM. You should see something like this:

Screenshot 2023-05-14 8.00.56 AM.png

If you have a valid Tidal login on your WiiM, clicking the Search Tidal button will show all matching album covers on Tidal. Clicking one of them will start it playing on your WiiM, directly from Tidal.

Attachments

• wiim-rym-embed.zip
    31.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2023-05-14 7.56.58 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-14 7.56.58 AM.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 7
  • wiim-rym-tidal.zip
    39.1 KB · Views: 3
  • wiim-rym-deezer.zip
    32.8 KB · Views: 0
  • wiim-rym-qobuz.zip
    67.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Updated the Tidal extension, added Deezer and Qobuz extensions. Will move to github in a week or so.

Thanks for the info on this. I’m using Apple Music which is supported in RYM and can be airplay to unmodified wiim. Isn’t that possible for tidal too?

Thanks for the info on this. I’m using Apple Music which is supported in RYM and can be airplay to unmodified wiim. Isn’t that possible for tidal too?
There are links on SOME albums for Apple, Spotify and Soundcloud, but clicking them opens the related app, then allows playing from that app or website. Not the same experience. I've not seen any Tidal links, or Deezer or Qobuz.

This is a fundamentally different process - it searches the Tidal/Qobuz/Deezer (your choice) API right in the RYM website, and will play the matching album directly to your WiiM, without ever leaving the RYM site.

Back