WiiM Viewer Chrome Extension

Mmmm seems to be albums by one specific artist having this issue ! Artist Which I was playing all yesterday when I saw this issues.

Works fine for other albums I am trying now.

Maybe an image size scaling difference in the extension vs inside WiiM Home app ?

How can I check / verify that ?

Last edited:
Mmmm seems to be albums by one specific artist having this issue ! Artist Which I was playing all yesterday when I saw this issues.

Maybe an image size scaling difference in the extension vs inside WiiM Home app ?

Take an album and save a range of cover art images at different sizes, and then substitute to see whether you can trigger the issue. If that's the only variable, should be easy enough to determine if that's root cause.

The image size won't matter, it's resized by your browser in the extension.

installed extension, try to find albums on allmusic, as well through the deezer search panel, but i can't start anything on wiim pro? whatever albums i clicked, nothing happens...set the ip address as well, again nothing happens...?

when i start music from deezer in wiim home app it shows up in chrome? i can pause music from chrome, but can't play it again from chrome...

Last edited:
@cc_rider

Hi,

I know that you may have addressed this previously in this thread but is it possible to re-size the extension pop-up window and possibly make it full screen.

I have a micro format PC running Windows 11 64 Bit and Chrome Version 118.0.5993.72 (Official Build) (64-bit) and a 7 inch monitor , which I am trying to use to view "now playing" on my Wiim Pro.

The popup windows does not appear to be sizeable.

Is this a Chrome extension popup constraint ?

The extension works great but ideally I would like the display to fill the screen ?

Happy to edit the relevant Java or HTML on my installation if pointed in the right direction

Thanks

@cc_rider

Hi,

I know that you may have addressed this previously in this thread but is it possible to re-size the extension pop-up window and possibly make it full screen.

I have a micro format PC running Windows 11 64 Bit and Chrome Version 118.0.5993.72 (Official Build) (64-bit) and a 7 inch monitor , which I am trying to use to view "now playing" on my Wiim Pro.

The popup windows does not appear to be sizeable.

Is this a Chrome extension popup constraint ?

The extension works great but ideally I would like the display to fill the screen ?

Happy to edit the relevant Java or HTML on my installation if pointed in the right direction

Thanks
The Kiwi version will run in Chrome, and takes the full size of the browser. Chrome (and most other browsers) don't allow JavaScript to go Fullscreen without user interaction. Clicking on the album art will take the Kiwi version to Fullscreen in Chrome (though not in the Kiwi browser, IIRC).

Thanks -
I've just had some success in getting your WiiM-HDMI Github code and instructions to work in Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) and Ubuntu

1697639644540.png

stream to wiim button disappeared from all music...
Yep, Allmusic has completely revamped their website. I might get around to fixing these at some point, hopefully Allmusic won't dink around with their site again. I notice the recommendations is no longer there, which makes it a bit less useful.

@cc_rider

i installed deezer extension as well, search works, but i can't play anything through it on wiim? what i am doing wrong?

@cc_rider

i installed deezer extension as well, search works, but i can't play anything through it on wiim? what i am doing wrong?
Nothing. WiiM has updated the API name from "Deezer" to "Deezer2". Attempting to get this to work again without success so far. Will try to figure out, but no guarantee.

@cc_rider

OK, I found the issue (it required a requestQuality tag in the search XML). I've updated the Allmusic-Deezer .zip in the first post of this thread. Please test...

OK, I found the issue (it required a requestQuality tag in the search XML). I've updated the Allmusic-Deezer .zip in the first post of this thread. Please test...
it works, but different than before...in previous version i opened only deezer search...now i have to go to allmusic, and search deezer from there...but, it works...when you click an album on allmusic search box for deezer pop up and you play it from there...

Last edited:
it works, but different than before...in previous version i opened only deezer search...now i have to go to allmusic, and search deezer from there...but, it works...when you click an album on allmusic search box for deezer pop up and you play it from there...
I've done so many of these I forget which this was. I'll look for it. One of the complications is that WiiM, for some reason, accesses Deezer via the Airable API, though they use Tidal's API directly. Documentation for Airable's API is not, unfortunately, publicly accessible, making it more difficult to determine how to query Deezer via the WiiM UPnP interface.

Airable's API does seem to be widely used, however.

Back