What do you think about WiiM Mini so far?

I plugged in one of those full size to 3.5mm toslink adapters into mine as I felt the door was a bit loose. Tightened it up nicely, although you do have to use 3.5mm toslink cable. Not sure if it will work with a busted door but could be worth a go as they are only a couple of pounds
Tried that, it didn't work for me, unfortunately.
Had to have my WiiM exchanged. We'll see how it is on a unit from a new batch

I was very satisfied with the WiiM until it's optical flap failed.
But, I've nothing but high praise for the WiiM support team - they were very helpful and efficient in exchanging my faulty unit.

Regarding the sound: as an RPi/Volumio user, I have had a chance to compare the two, with the same outboard DAC. Sound from the RPi is more detailed and crisp and has better bass definition to my ears. On the other hand, using the RPi is fiddly, to say the least, compared to the ease, features and user-friendliness of the WiiM Home app.

I hope I will be able to purchase the PRO and compare it to the RPi (and to the Mini as well).

Great product; great sound and above all a very very great customer care.
Waiting for WiiM pro

I'm enjoying the Wiim mini a lot with my stereo via Amazon music and Spotify. I elie the amazon Echo compatibility as I can give voice commands to play music to my stereo on the fly.

I love that it has Alexacast. However, the Amazon app is so laggy and awful to use. I find myself using Spotify Connect because it'ss o dang easy and the App just works much faster

hi
This is my configuration :
WiiM Mini> Topping D50S connected via SPDIF> Pre Pioneer Reference Class C-73 > Amplifier Pioneer Reference Class M-73 >Loudspeakers
The small WiiM runs like a beauty and listen to it it's a pleasure. I use Spotify & Amazon Music HD/UHD.
One thing that should/could be improved is the WiiM Home App.
Unfortunately it is still far from the native Apps of Amazon & Spotify.
But I am confident that it will improve over time.
The WiiM staff are very attentive and continuously improve their excellent product.
I'm waiting for the WiiM Pro. I'm curious to try it with the coaxial connection.
According to some, for music it is the best connection

hi
This is my configuration :
WiiM Mini> Topping D50S connected via SPDIF> Pre Pioneer Reference Class C-73 > Amplifier Pioneer Reference Class M-73 >Loudspeakers
The small WiiM runs like a beauty and listen to it it's a pleasure. I use Spotify & Amazon Music HD/UHD.
One thing that should/could be improved is the WiiM Home App.
Unfortunately it is still far from the native Apps of Amazon & Spotify.
But I am confident that it will improve over time.
The WiiM staff are very attentive and continuously improve their excellent product.
I'm waiting for the WiiM Pro. I'm curious to try it with the coaxial connection.
According to some, for music it is the best connection
Both coax and toslink use spdif protocol, which is as good as good is source clock or receiver re-clock engine. Coax is more prone to EMI, toslink more fragile and needs a good fit and lock in the socket. Results should be the same with correct cabling and shielding.

I bought a WiiM Mini at a Black Friday price from Amazon in order to try it out primarily with my LMS system. I am impressed.
I have it hooked up in a test environment at present using an optical connection to an Onkyo CR N755 (which is 24/96 capable).
Initially I tried the WiiM with LMS using the AirPlay Bridge plugin (16/44.1) - it worked fine except for a few dropouts. I then tried it with the uPnP Bridge plugin and can confirm it works flawlessly with full gapless playback, crossfade etc and the bridge feeds metadata and coverart to the WiiM app not that this is any issue really as LMS's own controller Material provides this and much more.
I understand that a native squeezelite client is on the roadmap. If this happens it will make your WiiM devices a very attractive player option to the LMS community.
How about making the Aux In a locally streamable network source in its own right? e.g. http://wiimmini/auxin

PS. To whoever wanted Radio Paradise cover art and metadata. If you play through LMS you get this.

Back