What is the maximum coaxial cable width the Wiim Pro can accommodate?

johnbug

Because the Wiim Pro uses a recessed coaxial output I am finding most of the audiophile quality cables I have don't fit. Wiim should post the specs for this output and include exact measurements that indicate the widest cable it can accommodate.

Because the Wiim Pro uses a recessed coaxial output I am finding most of the audiophile quality cables I have don't fit. Wiim should post the specs for this output and include exact measurements that indicate the widest cable it can accommodate.
I don’t know exact measures. WiiM told pins must not be very “Fat”.
Personally i have in use an Oehlbach Coax cable 75 Ohm constants and fit perfectly.
About “Audiophile” :unsure:

Here I use the Audioquest Forest 75 Ohm. Fits perfect and "sounds" well 😇
Because build quality is in my hands decent and the price is not so "audiophile" 😉
Tbh...I never measured a RCA plug.

My friend uses two conversion adapters.

1, RCA to BNC adapter
2, BNC to RCA adapter

WiiM PRO > (1,RCA > BNC) > (2,BNC > RCA) > Your cable > DAC/Amp

These adapters are inexpensive. You will then be able to use all the cables you own. You need to check the sound quality with your own ears.🙂

IMG_20230609_104605.jpgIMG_20230609_104624.jpg

Last edited:
I haven’t measured the width of the recessed opening for coax. I use optical for WiiM and coax from my cd transport on the same dac. Try Pangea coax possibly? Great sound and good value. Slimmer connectors than cardas style. Those adapters shown look a lot like switchcraft rca ends. If you are up to soldering up a diy cable they are good.

Back