What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

Network streaming is an emerging industry and WiiM has emerged as a very strong contender among Bluesound, Sonos, Play-fi and others. It's definitely a footrace at this stage of the game. Something like a dedicated USB streamer or at very least the implementation of USB into the next Pro generation is definitely worth considering. I personally believe it will be a digital audio standard in the future.
been using apples airport express with zero issues for 20years. not emerging for me.

You're what's called an 'early-adopter'.
for what was ostensibly an access point with bolt on streaming capability its served me fantastically well. that said, i was that early, i hit adopter syndrome with some of those models getting so hot they melted one of the channels inside possibly the lh from memory. apple even replaced after 90days.

I would like it to output what's playing to an Alexa show :)
I have 5-6 DTS Play Fi speakers of various brands (Klipsch, Pioneer, and Def Tech) which all sound good. These speakers do Alexa and Audio Chromecast. These DTS Play Fi speakers all have inconsistent inputs and outputs. Some have ethernet, some don't; they all do WiFi; some have optical inputs, some don't; but they all have 3.5mm aux inputs, while some also have 3.5mm output. The software to use these DTS Play Fi speakers (despite steady incremental improvements (much slower than Wiim improvements)) is a terrible experience. I would like to use these speakers as Wiim speakers. Is this possible? Is this possible with the Wiim Mini? I would really like Wiim to evaluate the engineering problem of finding a way not to throw away DTS Play Fi speakers that are perfectly fine other than the software they use is unusable. I would prefer not adding bluetooth dongles to them. I would like for them to somehow show up in the Wiim app so they can be used... easily. I am wondering what would be the best way to use these speakers in the Wiim ecosystem? Can they be tied into Alexa or Audio Chromecast? Surely someone has had this same thought. Anyone have any ideas? Before I try to tie these in using Alexa or or audio Chromecast, I wanted to see other people's experience with this set of problems. Thanks in advance.

Add HDMI video to the WIIM Pro so I can get album art on my screen. (And stream video like with Chromecast) Basically just build in a Chromecast

To me as stated before, all features on pro with usb, peq and room correction. It will be the end game for me.

Spend 500 bucks (or €) and you have a wide choose of gear that has this features. Sometimes i believe that people forget the price range of the WiiMs....

Spend 500 bucks (or €) and you have a wide choose of gear that has this features. Sometimes i believe that people forget the price range of the WiiMs....
Not really 500 is still budget territory for Audio streamers

Take the Node 2i....in my setup no wishes for more.
I agree that f.e. the Node is still somewhat budget. But i do not see more "budget" than the WiiM. Even the Pi solutions are nowadays more expensive. So i even hate this comparisons, but you will not find a Fiat Panda with the performance of an Alfa Romeo. Would be nice if so, but...

Last edited:
Pfffff...
btw, we will stay at the Woolstore in August, so better hide 😉

Last edited:
Take the Node 2i....in my setup no wishes for more.
I agree that f.e. the Node is still somewhat budget. But i do not see more "budget" than the WiiM. Even the Pi solutions are nowadays more expensive. So i even hate this comparisons, but you will not find a Fiat Panda with the performance of an Alfa Romeo. Would be nice if so, but...
The node isn't much of an upgrade over the WIIM Pro. Better DAC inside, Sub out and you can attach a USB stick. It is Roon ready but hopefully the Pro will be too soon. Major dealbreaker for me is the lack of Chromecast support.Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 15-18-10 NODE 2i - Bluesound.png

For me it's ok. (I never loved Chromecast and certainly never will love it.) Streaming is always a means to an end. Easy way to try and decide. If its worth i go to my preference medium. But thats one of the most enjoyiable parts of such hobbies: Let everyone seek and find heaven in his own fashion 😉

I too received the newsletter, but...... the mystery remains thick. :unsure: :unsure:
I hope it's not a wake up lamp. I really don't know what to do with it.
I would hope for a more audiophile product
Hi Maurizio, Brantome, Team

You guys got it!

We have two products that will be released in late Q2 and early Q3. One is more audiophile product. The other is wake-up light with the Alexa-built in and the same streaming capability as WiiM Mini, which wakes you up gradually with your Qobuz playlist and lights… Please stay tuned!

Back