What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

For the five people in the Netherlands that will be using it?

What products would you like to see based on what you've experienced so far?
You should stick to your current product and perfect the UI and the features it offers as well as the hardware.

The demograaphic thaat you're hitting is the audiophile community, so you might want to somehow separate the main PCB board from the WiiM Pro with the DAC to reduce noise, and make it stand out to the people over at ASR, since they can make the market shake and move with their careful measurements that are viewed by thousands of audiophiles.

So make the streamer look good and make further adjustments and optimizations to the internal DAC and input circuitry and then add on software features, i.e., PEQ, amazon HD music integrated to allow greater accessibility into Amazon's IU.

Think about adding full blown DSP a sub pre outs along side RCA left and right preouts.

Otherwise, I think you're doing quite well considering - I'd think that you having ANY success in today's market is a good sign.

…amazon HD music integrated to allow greater accessibility into Amazon's IU.
Given WiiM allows use of the full Amazon Music app to cast bit perfectly up to 24/192 to a WiiM device, and the WiiM Home app Amazon Music interface probably does all that the Amazon api allows, what further integration do you envisage?

Given WiiM allows use of the full Amazon Music app to cast bit perfectly up to 24/192 to a WiiM device, and the WiiM Home app Amazon Music interface probably does all that the Amazon api allows, what further integration do you envisage?
Yeah that's what I mean, the product is pretty good - the only thing that you could do is put a screen on it and give it a better finish.

The product that I use and plan to use is the mini because it has all the features and costs next to nothing compared to other streamers..

The strength is defs in the price to digital accuracy output ratio.

I don't see the use of an oled screen when you have an app. It will only add extra processing and electronic noise to the system

I purchased the WiiM because it's a (relatively) new product with an outstanding price/performance relation. As the Pi years ago seemed to be. The Volumio team still remains like amateurs. Sorry for that. Especially for a subscription model. At one point it seemed to stock. (For the Roon solutions I didn't try the Pi, because I use other gear for a long time.)
As I mentioned before: For nearly all wishes, beside HiRes Amazon (where I am waiting for a product from Aune which is on his way) are higher priced items all over the market.
So let the WiiM guys work on their software and maybe little upgrades for the hardware. And let it stay cheap. That is the market for such a product.

As I mentioned before: For nearly all wishes, beside HiRes Amazon (where I am waiting for a product from Aune which is on his way) are higher priced items all over the market.
Do you have any more details on the aune product and its Amazon Music development? It’ll be interesting to see whether it’s another Bluesound node type development where they can’t cast bit perfect from the amazon music app, or whether it’ll be seen as a competitor to WiiM in that area. Cheers

A company like Arylic has almost the same product as WIIM. Their S10 only lacks digital out. S50 Pro+doesn't have chromecast but better dac chip than WIIM. I Also Found Dayton Audio that is similar devices to Mini and pro. It's app is compatible with WIIM I found. None of these apps are integrated with the android media controls. So I guess the streaming application is being developed separately from the specific hardware controls in the app. This is probably why improvements in de streaming functionality and android controls is so slow and Roon compatibility is still not here.

Last edited:
A company like Arylic has almost the same product as WIIM. Their S10 only lacks digital out. S50 Pro+doesn't have chromecast but better dac chip than WIIM. I Also Found Dayton Audio that is similar devices to Mini and pro. It's app is compatible with WIIM I found.
No digital output or output limited to 44.1/16? Yes, almost the same...

No digital output or output limited to 44.1/16? Yes, almost the same...
The WIIM Mini was limited to that too until may 2022 or so. Not up to date with the current state of it (S50pro+).

Arylic uses WiiM parent Linkplay’s modules, as does WiiM and dozens of other companies. Nothing new. Most use the outdated A31 module, which is not capable of the great performance of the WiiM’s newer modules.

..and not a single of the small Arylics is gapless. Not the 10 and not the 50. And the haptic and built quality is not so good than the WiiMs! It are toys!

Back