What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

(Nearly) every technical evolution in audio is welcome to me and my ears.
Just a short remark from me. Maybe its meta...and i like to read your opinion
"Audiophile" is a human who has his own picture of himself. Not a gear. (And in real world this term is not always a positive award.)
In terms of gear i prefer and grade approx
High Fidelity (for me our little WiiM gem and my setups #3 and #2
Higher Fidelity (for me my setup #1)
Highest Fidelity (maybe later)
Nirvana (out of reach)
As always, only my opinion. No claim of generality 😉

Hi Maurizio, Brantome, Team

You guys got it!

We have two products that will be released in late Q2 and early Q3. One is more audiophile product. The other is wake-up light with the Alexa-built in and the same streaming capability as WiiM Mini, which wakes you up gradually with your Qobuz playlist and lights… Please stay tuned!
Hi Maurizio, Brantome, Team

You guys got it!

We have two products that will be released in late Q2 and early Q3. One is more audiophile product. The other is wake-up light with the Alexa-built in and the same streaming capability as WiiM Mini, which wakes you up gradually with your Qobuz playlist and lights… Please stay tuned!
I will :giggle:

Audiophile product? Hopefully, it has all the features of pro plus usb, sub out, hdmi and room correction.

Audiophile product? Hopefully, it has all the features of pro plus usb, sub out, hdmi and room correction.
To be really audiophile there have to be ballanced connections! Without some ballanced stuff no product will even get near to audiophile. 😇😝 <irony off>

To be really audiophile there have to be ballanced connections! Without some ballanced stuff no product will even get near to audiophile. 😇😝 <irony off>
As long it’s affordable that majority of people can buy along with wealth of features.

No need for that. Better to ad more digital connectivity USB and I2S. For better clocking possibilities and improve on power filtering.

No need for that. Better to ad more digital connectivity USB and I2S. For better clocking possibilities and improve on power filtering.
It was a joke, therefore the <irony off>
Just asking me what prices for such a component would be accepted? Sometimes i have the impression that a Mercedes is wanted for a price of a Fiat Panda...
Such (much more expensive) gear is already on the market. Buy a Node or a NuPrime and you have it. And f.e. the solutions with a Pi have it. In my opinion the niche for the WiiM is the price.

I am quite sure the number of "several" people begging for this gimmick is not big enough to earn money with. The WiiM is cheap and simple. And that is very good. For all the other issues is already enough competition to face. Answers for each question are there. This Amazon USP will not be enough...but we will see and time will tell.

I am quite sure the number of "several" people begging for this gimmick is not big enough to earn money with. The WiiM is cheap and simple. And that is very good. For all the other issues is already enough competition to face. Answers for each question are there. This Amazon USP will not be enough...but we will see and time will tell.
Ok, for “several” read “lots” ;)

Those who frequented the audiosciencereview Wiim Mini forums will attest to a lot of discussion around amazon music and amazon does have a big market share. You can argue that audiophiles have had a foothold in Qobuz and Tidal given the lack of available platforms for Amazon Music HD, but now that WiiM supports it, that foothold has the potential to shift.

Of course it is a nice-to-have for the AMHD users. I am also one. But more or less on the move, not when listening dedicated. The main issue is the UI, which for me is somewhat pain in the a...
So, btw a surely already answered question: bit-perfect in AMHD still only via the optical out?
And sorry if my opinions had read inappropriate.

What products would you like to see based on what you've experienced so far?

A WiiM Amp mono module for Mini

The WiiM amp mono module turns an old passive speaker into a streaming box - just add a WiiM mini.
This module has a dock to which a Mini can be physically connected. You can screw the amplifier to the back of the speaker, or you can put the amplifier on the speaker.
The amp provides a USB-C power output and an analog line-in for the Mini. Speaker output, a solid gain control, a solid on/off switch.
Such a speaker is often placed close to the listener, so the amplifier must be low-noise.

Years ago I built such a box from a Raspberry Pi zero, a small dac, and a Tivoli kitchen radio, but the radio's amplifier made way too much noise, and switching from FM to Aux made a loud pop.

So, btw a surely already answered question: bit-perfect in AMHD still only via the optical out?
And sorry if my opinions had read inappropriate.
The WiiM devices are bit perfect on all digital outputs (optical and coax) if EQ is off and volume is fixed.

And no need to apologise, your opinions read fine :)

$99 Pure audiophile Mini Streamer. No DAC, no multiroom, no “frills”. Nothing but perfect streaming. WiFi or LAN. USB output though. 95% of Ifi streamer (practically the same device) for LESSSSSS. Four times LESS. There will be one in every room at audio shows before you know it.
The Mini is such a sound product, so well grounded in the perfectly working software. App is excellent. ROON ?!!
The optical output - you’ll find a cure for it, i am sure.

My money is ready for a new product as long the features I’m looking for is included.

Back