What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

Wasn't too interested in the pro plus till wiim stated it compete with dac’s in the $500 range. I love the sound of my current Dac (ares 2) but sometimes a different sound signature is fun.

Just bought a new preamp so having the option of different sources is a plus. More than likely will see what the next wiim offering is. Been super impressed with the wiim pro and wiim wake-up clock so will be watching to see what others think of the wiim pro plus.

a "pro plus" with a correct headphone output ...
a small streamer with this fonction
will find its place in many situations....

;-)

Last edited:
A version with separate analog outputs for treble, midrange and bass (built-in electronic crossover, programmable of course).
At the moment, the tuner market lacks such a product, which if equipped with good characteristics would be well received at a price above €500-600.
And volume knob.
Does digital control have the same performance as mechanical control? maybe, but beyond a price level the mechanical control is mandatory.

I would like an all-in-one, streamer + speaker, outdoor solution to use by the pool.

oh no no.. the usb is has-been (and not even talking about aes coax or toslink).. you need hdmi is2 or possibly hdmi and st/att for optics... and your turns everything else for a price very small...!:p
(and clock very high performance of course! )

Last edited:
(with my Roon hat on) Any chance WiiM will add HDMI out to a WiiM Pro-type unit to support multichannel audio (e.g. blu-ray audio)? I believe this is the only way to support it in Roon (via HDMI out to an AVR based on what I’m learning as optical out isn’t supported). Looks like the Node doesn’t support this either, but would be a killer feature in a WiiM unit. 😁

First post here. I am really happy with my wiim pro (hooked up to my main NAIM system) and will order a pro plus soon to start going multiroom.

A couple things I would like to see as I add more wiim units throughout my house.

1) A modestly powered amplifier / wiim combo that I could hide in a closet to run in ceiling/wall speakers.

2) IR out to let a wiim control volume, inputs etc. on connected equipment through the wiim app.

3) A speaker/wiim combo would be nice to have as a easily portable solution for rooms without a stereo system. (I am thinking outdoors or kitchen etc..).

For background, I currently have a Mini in one system, and am adding a Pro to another system in the next few days.

I think a full-function streamer/hub/2-channel preamp would be cool. Add an amp and speakers or powered speakers and you’re done – you have a system that handles all your sources and has standard Wiim streaming capabilities.

I’m thinking the following:
  • Inputs: multiple HDMI, multiple optical, multiple coax, USB, Bluetooth (SBC/AAC/aptX/LDAC would be nice), analog, standard WiiM streaming capabilities (ethernet and wifi).
  • Outputs: HDMI (video passthrough to TV), balanced XLR analog stereo, unbalanced RCA analog stereo, headphone out.
  • Display: simple display would be nice.
  • Controls on the unit: basic controls/buttons/knobs on the unit for volume, source, and on/off would be nice.
  • Remote Control: basic remote control for volume, sources, and on/off would be nice.
  • I would also want the unit to function without a network connection (minus streaming, of course) for when one’s network is down or for use in places without a network (for crazy people like me that sometimes take a system on vacations 😊).

Back