What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

For me simply add an additional analog input or two, I am using the WiiM Pro now as my preamp with an DAC and I need a place for both my tuner and phono pre inputs. Currently I have to swap the cables between them when listening.

So what is next after integrating an amp? Well, the speaker, of course. WiiM Speaker could be a pair of active bookshelf speakers, digital crossover, DSP tuned, a DAC + class D per driver, sub out RCA, and of course the WiiM streaming capabilities as input. Flat frequency response, smooth lateral dispersion (NFS optimized), say a 6.5" inch woofer and a waveguided tweeter, ported enclosure. Black piano or satin walnut finishes. You know, all the current basic must haves. :D
I know that Edifier is an investor in Linkplay, and uses Linkplay's modules. I'm really curious whether their WiFi speakers will be visible to the WiiM app, and can be grouped with WiiM streamers...

Model S1000W:

@WiiM Team, any insight?

I know that Edifier is an investor in Linkplay, and uses Linkplay's modules. I'm really curious whether their WiFi speakers will be visible to the WiiM app, and can be grouped with WiiM streamers...

Model S1000W:

@WiiM Team, any insight?

I think it's likely to be controll with WHA as well as Yamaha soundbar. 🙂

I think it's likely to be controll with WHA as well as Yamaha soundbar. 🙂
You're probably right. From the comments of another, cheaper, Edifier WiFi speaker (model MS50A):
If you have this and install the WiiM app to set up a WiiM device on your network, you will realize Edifier is using the WiiM streaming platform for this speaker. The issue here is the WiiM version Edifier is using is much older and the performance is not great and it does not support the Google Music Cast standard.

Model S1000W:

@WiiM Team, any insight?
That would be a conflict of interest as soon as they start to compete on speakers. Lawyers and legal mess ahead.

Only hi end streamer (Roon Ready it's a must have, but not implemented dac) also with usb port at a very reasonable price. Thanks

Only hi end streamer (not implemented dac) also with usb port at a very reasonable price. Thanks
I guess a WiiM with no internal DAC has a too small buyer potential to make it successful in terms of financial success for WiiM. But normally the internal DAC does not produce any harm. And the impact on the price is maybe overrated.
Nevertheless I would love it and would increase the number of purchasers by 1 😉
USB out seems to be really the most wanted feature if I understand the forum right over the last months. Many of the already existing and often quite expensive DACs of the users give a good part of its features by USB only.
A Pro, Roon Ready already but with USB out would fit my personal wishes all over. Unfortunately but most likely there might be a new certification procedure by Roon.
And for the many without Roon and LMS the WHA with all its connectivity and usability is already the best available in my judgement.

Last edited:
I guess a WiiM with no internal DAC has a too small buyer potential to make it successful in terms of financial success for WiiM. But normally the internal DAC does not produce any harm. And the impact on the price is maybe overrated.
Nevertheless I would love it and would increase the number of purchasers by 1 😉
USB out seems to be really the most wanted feature if I understand the forum right over the last months. Many of the already existing and often quite expensive DACs of the users give a good part of its features by USB only.
A Pro, Roon Ready already but with USB out would fit my personal wishes all over. Unfortunately but most likely there might be a new certification procedure by Roon.
And for the many without Roon and LMS the WHA with all its connectivity and usability is already the best available in my judgement.
Yes, removing the DAC out of the product limits the market and puts the product into the audiophile category and now the price just went up, up, up. Through in a LPSU and wrap it with an aluminum case and you need to put a zero after the current price of a Wiim Pro Plus.

I would really like such a product to a reasonable price but if that limits the market and make the price tag to high then I would settle for a Wiim Pro with a good USB out

I would like to see a streamer only version of the Pro, with even better sound quality if possible, with HDMI to TV out, to show what is music is playing on the TV screen, with digital audio outputs: HDMI I2S, AES EBU, Coax, Optical and USB-C. USB input to play from storage. With remote control. Screen is not needed.

It's probably not practical, but with the wide variety of differing wants, it'd be interesting to see if WiiM could come up with a modular unit, where different small boards could be dropped in to meet a buyer's need -- almost like the wide variety of HATs and accessories that are available for Raspberry Pi boards. Want a DAC? Add that board. Don't want a DAC but USB output? Add that board. One could extend this to display screens, touch screens, DSP, EQ, pre/power amps, etc.

It's probably not practical, but with the wide variety of differing wants, it'd be interesting to see if WiiM could come up with a modular unit, where different small boards could be dropped in to meet a buyer's need -- almost like the wide variety of HATs and accessories that are available for Raspberry Pi boards. Want a DAC? Add that board. Don't want a DAC but USB output? Add that board. One could extend this to display screens, touch screens, DSP, EQ, pre/power amps, etc.
Pretty much what Arylic does with WiiM parent Linkplay’s modules.

Add HDMI and subwoofer out to the WiiM pro. Similar to the WiiM amp sans the amplifier. Even use the same case so you have room for the additional inputs.

Common problem in my house, we have multiple people who connect with Spotify. Every time a new person wants to connect, we find that the last person is still connected even though that haven't been playing anything recently. Would love a feature that allows override, or automatically disconnects a user after some period of inactivity.

Sometimes the person isn't even at home, and right now there's no simple option to disconnect, even in the WiiM app.

Common problem in my house, we have multiple people who connect with Spotify. Every time a new person wants to connect, we find that the last person is still connected even though that haven't been playing anything recently. Would love a feature that allows override, or automatically disconnects a user after some period of inactivity.

Sometimes the person isn't even at home, and right now there's no simple option to disconnect, even in the WiiM app.
I’d guess the control is within Spotify as it’ll be making the Connect link from its end. Have your tried logging out everywhere as per this link? https://support.spotify.com/us/article/how-to-log-out/

I’d guess the control is within Spotify as it’ll be making the Connect link from its end. Have your tried logging out everywhere as per this link? https://support.spotify.com/us/article/how-to-log-out/
I can disconnect. The problem is that you have to do it every time and no one remembers to do that. Spotify doesn't have a setting for auto disconnect and it makes more sense for the receiver to have that functionally than for the transmitter.

Back