WiiM Amp issues with Lip Sync

ddaigle711

I have a WiiM amp hooked up via HDMi arc from my tv. The amp is powering a pair of Kef Q350s. When I am using it in this configuration everything is perfect. But when I link the amp to my WIIM Pro Plus which is hooked up to a sound bar via optical it caused a serious delay making the TV and the Audio out of sync. Both Wiims are in sync but the TV is out of sync.

I have a WiiM amp hooked up via HDMi arc from my tv. The amp is powering a pair of Kef Q350s. When I am using it in this configuration everything is perfect. But when I link the amp to my WIIM Pro Plus which is hooked up to a sound bar via optical it caused a serious delay making the TV and the Audio out of sync. Both Wiims are in sync but the TV is out of sync.
Hi ddaigle771,

Thank you for bringing the A/V sync issue to our attention. I understand how crucial it is for the audio to be in perfect harmony with the video, especially when using multiple WiiM devices for a multi-room audio setup.

I will consult with our technical team to explore ways to minimize the latency, which is currently necessary for buffering in multi-room audio settings. Our goal is to ensure a synchronized audio experience that aligns seamlessly with your TV video across all rooms.

Please bear with us as we work towards a solution, and rest assured, we are committed to enhancing your audio-visual experience with WiiM. I will update you as soon as we have made progress on this matter.

This has been mentioned a number of times.
If you have a fancy TV then you may be able to delay the video, but then you'd have to 'undelay' the video when not grouping the wiims.
tbh, I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if wiim managed to reduce the latency/buffering that much to get grouped lip sync down to an acceptable level.

Hi ddaigle771,

Thank you for bringing the A/V sync issue to our attention. I understand how crucial it is for the audio to be in perfect harmony with the video, especially when using multiple WiiM devices for a multi-room audio setup.

I will consult with our technical team to explore ways to minimize the latency, which is currently necessary for buffering in multi-room audio settings. Our goal is to ensure a synchronized audio experience that aligns seamlessly with your TV video across all rooms.

Please bear with us as we work towards a solution, and rest assured, we are committed to enhancing your audio-visual experience with WiiM. I will update you as soon as we have made progress on this matter.
Note that this is in the same room using 2 WiiM products. Both products are on the same shelf. I am trying to use 2 WiiMs on my TV setup. When using the WiiM amp by itself there is no lip sync issues. But when I link the two together it causes video sync issues, the audio is in sync

Note that this is in the same room using 2 WiiM products. Both products are on the same shelf. I am trying to use 2 WiiMs on my TV setup. When using the WiiM amp by itself there is no lip sync issues. But when I link the two together it causes video sync issues, the audio is in sync
Physical proximity has nothing to do with it! ;)

Physical proximity has nothing to do with it!

😩 I was simply trying to explain the situation as simply and accurately as possible so that everyone understood that I do not care about issues with a multi room setup. I only care that I have no issues when using one device but magically when I use 2 it completely sucks. I’m probably gonna return the WiiMs and get a AV receiver. Not everyone reads carefully 😂

Multi device. Multi room. Same difference.
Lip sync with grouped wiims is like watching Fist Of Fury! 🥋

And... you should be happy that it works well with a single wiim.
I understand, from other forums, that a certain range of devices from a certain manufacturer still (years later) has hdmi audio delay issues, and it's making their customers Blue.

Hi ddaigle711,

In a grouped WiiM setup, the master device preloads audio before streaming to the second device. We're reducing this preload buffer in our next firmware update, aiming to enhance synchronization in such scenarios. Expect the new firmware and app release next week. Thank you again for your support!

Hi ddaigle711,

In a grouped WiiM setup, the master device preloads audio before streaming to the second device. We're reducing this preload buffer in our next firmware update, aiming to enhance synchronization in such scenarios. Expect the new firmware and app release next week. Thank you again for your support!
App release... will this delay be user configurable to allow it to be set within a range?

App release... will this delay be user configurable to allow it to be set within a range?
Certainly, you can adjust settings to balance latency with your network quality, opting for lower latency in strong network environments.

And... you should be happy that it works well with a single wiim.
I understand, from other forums, that a certain range of devices from a certain manufacturer still (years later) has hdmi audio delay issues, and it's making their customers Blue.
😜

Multi device. Multi room. Same difference.
Lip sync with grouped wiims is like watching Fist Of Fury! 🥋
😂 I think that I am gonna stick to a dedicated 2 channel setup and just purchase a AV receiver and return the amp and just let my WiiM pro plus’s work streaming duty!

I'm having the same issue. I have speakers wired to the WIIM amp, and a sub connected via a WiiM mini. The speakers are synced fine until I add the sub. Then the delay starts and it's very far off.

Back