WiiM app Android- Sort not working

Bluedolphin

WiiM app Android- Sort not working

• Synology NAS running MinimServer and Media Server for DLNA

• I browse using WiiM Android app or BubbleUPnP app

I browse mainly using Genre. For example, I will drill down Genre→ Rock→ 2136 items (the label for all items, with "2136" the number of files).

I can do this using WiiM Android app or BubbleUPnP app. The WiiM app does not sort tracks correctly, while the BubbleUPnP app does.

Correct sort is by Artist alphabetically, with all songs by a given artist grouped together.

Attachments

• WiiM 1.jpg
    WiiM 1.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 8
  • BubbleUPnP.jpg
    BubbleUPnP.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 6
Please note that it does not matter what "Sort by" is selected, the order does not change

Since BubbleUPnP app is working correctly, this seems like a bug in the WiiM app.

Same issue when using Media Server as DLNA server, so it is not a MinimServer issue.

As an unrelated issue, BubbleUPnP does browse with less lag than WiiM app.....but the WiiM room grouping feature makes me want to use the WiiM app over BubbleUPnP

Attachments

• sort.jpg
    sort.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 8
You’ll bring this to WiiM’s attention quicker by submitting a ticket via the settings/feedback section in the WiiM Home app :)

I browse mainly using Genre. For example, I will drill down Genre→ Rock→ 2136 items (the label for all items, with "2136" the number of files).
If you want the track listing under [items] to be sorted by AlbumArtist then track title, this can be configured in MinimServer using items.sortTags:
Code:
tagOptions: items.sortTags={AlbumArtist, Title}
This setting does also affect the track listing in folder view, but if you're using tag view it won't be an issue.

As an unrelated issue, BubbleUPnP does browse with less lag than WiiM app.....but the WiiM room grouping feature makes me want to use the WiiM app over BubbleUPnP
Most people use the WiiM app for configuration (setup and grouping) and another app for browsing, as BubbleUPnP is able to play to the grouped WiiM devices.

Most people use the WiiM app for configuration (setup and grouping) and another app for browsing, as BubbleUPnP is able to play to the grouped WiiM devices.
I totally agree. I don’t think it’s reasonable at this stage to expect the WiiM Home app to be a universal app that will be able to offer all of the features available in supplier or very mature best of breed apps like BubbleUPNP. While I arguably use LMS for a lot of my listening, I cast from the native Amazon Music or Spotify apps and I suspect many use Tidal Connect, and will use Qobuz Connect (whenever that will arrive), as the native apps offer more features than suppliers provide thru their third party APIs.

So you don't recall this post from Aug last year then?
:devilish:

Yeah I do. And other optimistic targets as well ;)

Maybe it’s just my nature, but if there’s a better solution in an alternative app then I’ll use that. I look on it like watching TV on my fire tv cube - while I could access some content from its home page, I prefer to use the Netflix app to watch its content, or Apple TV to watch theirs or DisneyPlus for theirs, or whatever. If I want to change settings, then I’ll use the fire tv interface itself.

I don’t see much difference when it comes to listening to music - so what if I need to use a few apps? As it stands even if I use the WiiM app to play music on my Pro which is plugged into my Linn amp, I still need to use the Linn app as well to select its input and control the volume.

I hope the devil face gave away my mischievous intention!

I'm sure they are capable of meeting that claim (except the date of course), and there have been improvements in the wiim app since then, but I think the wiim devs' time is / has been much better spent on providing all the other features over that period precisely because there are great alternatives to the wiim app for those that want the extra features.

I hope the devil face gave away my mischievous intention!

Of course, I would expect no less ;)

I'm sure they are capable of meeting that claim (except the date of course), and there have been improvements in the wiim app since then, but I think the wiim devs' time is / has been much better spent on providing all the other features over that period precisely because there are great alternatives to the wiim app for those that want the extra features.

Entirely. BubbleUPNP isn’t the “elephant in the room” as was suggested in the FB page when discussing what the WiiM app couldn’t do, it’s a well developed app honed over the years with I’m sure many under the hood tweaks to address the vagaries of multiple different and clashing upnp implementations. To bring the WiiM Home app up to that level might even involve going back over a decade of entries in the BubbleUPNP support forum to try and get an idea of what all those tweaks have been…

If you want the track listing under [items] to be sorted by AlbumArtist then track title, this can be configured in MinimServer using items.sortTags:
Code:
tagOptions: items.sortTags={AlbumArtist, Title}
This setting does also affect the track listing in folder view, but if you're using tag view it won't be an issue.

Thank you for this suggestion!

On MinimServer made this change, and sort is now working on WiiM app

tagOptions: items.sortTags={Artist, Title}

Attaching a screenshot, which might help others, who can use their preferred tags to sort.

Attachments

• Sort options.jpg
    Sort options.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 5
Of course, I would expect no less ;)

Entirely. BubbleUPNP isn’t the “elephant in the room” as was suggested in the FB page when discussing what the WiiM app couldn’t do, it’s a well developed app honed over the years with I’m sure many under the hood tweaks to address the vagaries of multiple different and clashing upnp implementations. To bring the WiiM Home app up to that level might even involve going back over a decade of entries in the BubbleUPNP support forum to try and get an idea of what all those tweaks have been…
I have to agree, not only the tweaks but also some of the evolved functionality of Bubbleupnp is really good. I especially like the Random Albums/Tracks function when you just don't know quite what to listen to.

Back