Wiim data upload?

herdingnerfs

Hello,

My router reports that my Pro Plus uploads, on average, 10mb of data each day to the internet. I use it exclusively with tidal connect. I don’t have the remote connected and I don’t use Alexa etc.

Any idea what this relatively large amount of data is?

Unfortunately I’m not sure. My router doesn’t divulge that information (at least not to me!)

Upon further investigation it doesn’t seem to be related to Tidal. I haven’t used the Wiim today yet and there is still data being uploaded (and downloaded) constantly.

Upon further investigation it doesn’t seem to be related to Tidal. I haven’t used the Wiim today yet and there is still data being uploaded (and downloaded) constantly.
Maybe drop WiiM a line then thru the feedback section in the app - I think it does poll for firmware updates, so that might account for some of the traffic

For further information, this shows what the device has used so far today, with not being powered on or used.
IMG_2485.jpeg

Hello,

My router reports that my Pro Plus uploads, on average, 10mb of data each day to the internet. I use it exclusively with tidal connect. I don’t have the remote connected and I don’t use Alexa etc.

Any idea what this relatively large amount of data is?
If I remember correctly, that issue had been reported in ASR before. I think the cause was the security of the router. I don't know if this is the same thing as your problem, but if you're interested, the WiiM Mini (Or Pro) search for review threads.

For further information, this shows what the device has used so far today, with not being powered on or used.

"with not being powered on or used."?? In that case, how can it be your Pro Plus? Might it not be your router as suggested by the previous comment?

The Wiim is never truly powered off. It’s in constant ‘standby’ with feint white light on. When I say ‘not powered on’ I mean not turn on intentionally by me by connecting to it or otherwise interacting with it. Sorry for the confusion.

If I remember correctly, that issue had been reported in ASR before. I think the cause was the security of the router. I don't know if this is the same thing as your problem, but if you're interested, the WiiM Mini (Or Pro) search for review threads.
Thanks for the suggestion. I’m not really a router expert, but have searched for this issue and not found anything. If you happen to remember which thread to look at (which I suspect is asking too much!) then please let me know. I’ll continue searching myself.

It will be checking for firmware updates. Alexa and Google assistant may be active

I’m not so sure it would take that much data to check for firmware updates, but happy to be proved wrong. As for Google and Alexa, those options are not enabled on my Wiim.

Back