Wiim Pro - app keeps wanting to configure

I have a Wiim pro. Connected via Ethernet, been configured by Wiim app, coax out to a dac. Works great.

Problem is that every time I start the Wiim app it searches for my device, finds it, and wants to configure it again. But if I tell it to continue it stays in an endless loop of wanting to configure.

I have deleted and reinstalled the app, same issue

Any ideas?

Thank you!!

Just tried the device reboot. Same issue remains. App keeps trying to configure the Pro again when app is restarted.

Can you post an app screen?
Thank you.
Maybe your memory is better than mine (and it’s time for me to finally turn in) but didn’t we have a slate of these types of errors way back at the start? Was there some specific order of actions or a routine that broke them out of such a loop? I’ll check back in the morning ;)

Here you go.

Thank you.
I wanted to know exactly what screen you were looking at.
And there is something wrong with the screen of your WiiM app.

So I reset my mini and captured the image below.
You can see that your screen and mine are a little different.

Your screen appears to ask you to continue with the Ethernet settings on your WiiM. I don't know how to fix it, but you can try a Wi-Fi connection after unplugging the WiiM LAN cable.

@Brantome ,
What are your thoughts on "Start to Configure"?
I don't remember seeing this.

Screenshot_2023-11-23-09-51-01-399_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

Last edited:
@jaguar237,

Sorry, but when I set up WiiM with the LAN cable connected, I found the same problem as you.

As mentioned earlier, do not connect a LAN cable to the WiiM, but set it up with WI-FI.

1, Unplug the LAN cable
2, Factory reset WiiM
3, Add a device in the WiiM app
4, Setup
5, Connect the LAN cable

@jaguar237,

Sorry, but when I set up WiiM with the LAN cable connected, I found the same problem as you.

As mentioned earlier, do not connect a LAN cable to the WiiM, but set it up with WI-FI.

1, Unplug the LAN cable
2, Factory reset WiiM
3, Add a device in the WiiM app
4, Setup
5, Connect the LAN cable
Does it make any difference if you disable wifi?

I'm 99% sure I just plugged in the lan cable for my most recent pro when I first got it, and didn't have this issue.

Does it make any difference if you disable wifi?

I'm 99% sure I just plugged in the lan cable for my most recent pro when I first got it, and didn't have this issue.
After setting up my WiiM pro with this step, I disabled Wi-Fi in WHA. No problems so far.

I don't recall experiencing this problem in the past either. 🤔

@Brantome may know what it is, but he needs to get enough sleep. 🙂

As of now I have reset the pro, started it up again via wifi only and everything is fine. I haven't tried plugging ethernet back in yet and turning off wifi. Might give that a try tomorrow. For now just enjoying good sound and operation on wifi.

Back