WiiM Pro + Focal

wiim_ram

Hello everyone, trying out my new setup. WiiM Pro is on my computer desk adding great tunes while I work on my computer. WiiM is attached to the network over wired ethernet. Primary music service is Amazon Music using HD/UHD. I love the Amazon Music integration to send music directly to the WiiM.

My desk audio system is the excellent Focal Bird 2.1 system. I love that system because it features relatively small satellite speakers providing Focal's clear treble sound. The speakers are small enough I can place them in front of the monitor. The bass module is integrated into the amplifier which I can hide on my desk behind the monitors. WiiM is attached via RCA analog audio so I'm using the ADC in the WiiM.

I'm contemplating my next dream system which would attach a WiiM via analog to Bang & Olufsen speakers. B&O speakers feature built-in networking but they are designed around Google Home which I don't want any part of. I already have a set of B&O BeoLab 28 speakers in my main room so I don't need to add anything there. AirPlay is good enough. Maybe I need a new bedroom setup. ;)

Hello everyone, trying out my new setup. WiiM Pro is on my computer desk adding great tunes while I work on my computer. WiiM is attached to the network over wired ethernet. Primary music service is Amazon Music using HD/UHD. I love the Amazon Music integration to send music directly to the WiiM.

My desk audio system is the excellent Focal Bird 2.1 system. I love that system because it features relatively small satellite speakers providing Focal's clear treble sound. The speakers are small enough I can place them in front of the monitor. The bass module is integrated into the amplifier which I can hide on my desk behind the monitors. WiiM is attached via RCA analog audio so I'm using the ADC in the WiiM.

I'm contemplating my next dream system which would attach a WiiM via analog to Bang & Olufsen speakers. B&O speakers feature built-in networking but they are designed around Google Home which I don't want any part of. I already have a set of B&O BeoLab 28 speakers in my main room so I don't need to add anything there. AirPlay is good enough. Maybe I need a new bedroom setup. ;)
…that’s the route I went down mainly for its simplicity, I wanted the smallest number of boxes (i.e. I didn’t want or have the space for separate dacs, preamps, and power amps ) but would also be good for music as well as have good bass for movies, so I got a Wiim pro and connected it to some Bang & Olufsen Beolab 5’s using the coax digital output from the Wiim. The Wiim is in the cabinet on the left hand side all hidden away. All control is via Alexa and Amazon music…similar to you.

Attachments

• IMG_9508.jpeg
    IMG_9508.jpeg
    686.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9511.jpeg
    IMG_9511.jpeg
    582.4 KB · Views: 17
Back