WiiM Pro Plus reviewed by amirm on AudioScienceReview

Brantome

"I am happy to add WiiM Pro Plus streamer to my recommended list. "

Am I the only one who was relieved to hear these words from amirm? 😂

Am I the only one who was relieved to hear these words from amirm? 😂
So far, yes. What other outcome would you have expected, when the WPP measurements are publicly known for months? ;)

If he’d only waited a month or so, then hopefully it would have been Roon certified as well
Well... that's up to both LinkPlay and Roon. Products should be Roon Ready before they hit the market. ;)

@VintageFlanker
To save time for me (and as a known part of the non-measurer fraction 😉) I've nevertheless read carefully and multiple times your review. Anything new or important in Amir's review which makes it necessary to read?

Anything new or important in Amir's review which makes it necessary to read?
Repeatability itself is very important to begin with. We now have several samples out there, that have been carefully measured with different instrumentations, by different people, in different countries... yet, with very similar and comparable results. That's indeed a good thing.

Amir measures the Chromecast input, which I didn't (not for the Plus, did for the Pro), as the SINAD with the pEQ enabled. His measurements of the ADC/Analog input are also more extensive and reliable (thanks to his AP).

Anyway, it remains a very good product at the end of the day. It's just that it is double-triple-comfirmed by now. :p

So far, yes. What other outcome would you have expected, when the WPP measurements are publicly known for months? ;)
Of course, I wasn't worried about the measurement results. 😉
But as with the mini review, I was worried that something was going to happen. 😜
( I don't know anything about Roon, so it never occurred to me that the test would be done in CC. )

Anyway, it remains a very good product at the end of the day. It's just that it is double-triple-comfirmed by now. :p
(I am not concerned with the wiim amp, just "plus"...) you have received it for a while...
given the feedback measurements from onlyoneme, the comparison with your measurements would have been really welcome indeed.... story of know if just its machine which has such serious problems....

Last edited:
Well... that's up to both LinkPlay and Roon. Products should be Roon Ready before they hit the market. ;)
With the Harman takeover, would you expect the already very long Roon Ready process for CE products to lengthen or shorten?

I know what my guess is. Excepting Harman/Samsung products, of course.

(I am not concerned with the wiim amp, just "plus"...) you have received it for a while...
given the feedback measurements from onlyoneme, the comparison with your measurements would have been really welcome indeed.... story of know if just its machine which has such serious problems....
The review will come at some point. So we'll see. Cannot tell about objective results yet, but I don't expect them to be that different from @onlyoneme
Truth is : I'm somewhat in an empty period, when I have several products measured and photographed for a while and cannot achieve my writings about them... :censored:

About the subjective part, tho : Since I'm an active speakers user for years, I had to get some 25-years-old Boston CR8s my parents had back in the days, to test the Amp. So far, It works great. No issues with the app, it runs stable and sounds good.

Repeatability itself is very important to begin with. We now have several samples out there, that have been carefully measured with different instrumentations, by different people, in different countries... yet, with very similar and comparable results. That's indeed a good thing.

Amir measures the Chromecast input, which I didn't (not for the Plus, did for the Pro), as the SINAD with the pEQ enabled. His measurements of the ADC/Analog input are also more extensive and reliable (thanks to his AP).

Yes, nice to see this verified. This most be the most measured streamer ever .

Pity that these measurements were rather basic and it's based on the previous HW iteration probably.
I would like to see if there is any DC on the analog output. If there is, one cant use it with Hypex ncore amplifiers because they have no DC protection )

I would like to see if there is any DC on the analog output. If there is, one cant use it with Hypex ncore amplifiers because they have no DC protection )
There is a protection in nCore but set on the very high level so unusable.
I think that I haven't noticed any DC offset but I'll verify it again later. Also the scenario when DC-like content comes from the source.

"I am happy to add WiiM Pro Plus streamer to my recommended list. "

Am I the only one who was relieved to hear these words from amirm?
The obsession towards his reviews worries me. There is more to any component than measurements. According to this he puts it higher than the RME ADI 2. I know which one I prefer the sound of and I have both. Found the dac in the PP to sound congested when you have a lot going on in the mix and a bit too zingy. The RME with just a small nuc thin client streaming to it using Roon Bridge sounded much better in the same system using Squeezelite or Chromecast from Roon and yes they were level matched. Infact Chromecast doesn’t sound as good on the PP to my ears as Squeezelite, always found CC a bit off on all devices, yet it measures the same. Maybe bias, don’t really care it’s only my ears that matters.

if you reviewed a car purely on its measured performance alone would be a less than true review. Subjectively is as important as any technical performance, music is as much about emotion and feeling over technical achievement.

Prefer Stereophile over Amir any day of the week as it covers both bases.

Why switching on or off the lights slightly cuts the streaming when using coax to amps dac ? I have the rca cables attached for the grounding issue until I replace the pcb of amp .

The obsession towards his reviews worries me. There is more to any component than measurements. According to this he puts it higher than the RME ADI 2. I know which one I prefer the sound of and I have both. Found the dac in the PP to sound congested when you have a lot going on in the mix and a bit too zingy. The RME with just a small nuc thin client streaming to it using Roon Bridge sounded much better in the same system using Squeezelite or Chromecast from Roon and yes they were level matched. Infact Chromecast doesn’t sound as good on the PP to my ears as Squeezelite, always found CC a bit off on all devices, yet it measures the same. Maybe bias, don’t really care it’s only my ears that matters.

if you reviewed a car purely on its measured performance alone would be a less than true review. Subjectively is as important as any technical performance, music is as much about emotion and feeling over technical achievement.

Prefer Stereophile over Amir any day of the week as it covers both bases.
For the Stereophile one has to pay. Amir is for free 😂

Back