WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements

There's absolutely no point upgrading any DAC for Devialet Phantom: these are DSP-powered speakers that will redigitalize any analog signal. You should keep your path fully digital as it is.
Thanks very much. I need to spend sometime learning about this stuff. As a long term deaf person who gained hearing via a cochlear implant its all very fascinating.

Hi Steadyshot,

The first batch won't have this improvement. We have to implement this in future production. Thank you!
Hi WiiM, may I know from serial number that I can know if mine is from first batch (I received mine on 29 Aug), can you publish the serial number list? Thank you

Last edited:
Hi WiiM, may I know from serial number that I can know if mine is first batch, can you publish the serial number list? Thank you
Why? It makes no difference to how your device performs. It’s been said by both of those who took the measurements that there’s no audible impact.

I’d doubt if WiiM would publish such a list in a public forum, but if you want to pursue this further, I’d suggest you raise a ticket to them and deal with it offline.

Since a while I reluctantly learned that there must exist a parallel universe...where all these important, minimal and easy to deal with requirements are fulfilled. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Why? It makes no difference to how your device performs. It’s been said by both of those who took the measurements that there’s no audible impact.

I’d doubt if WiiM would publish such a list in a public forum, but if you want to pursue this further, I’d suggest you raise a ticket to them and deal with it offline.
Why ? Sound offensive. As a consumer, I have the right to know if my unit is of first batch or not , regardless of audible impact as it may affect my resell value to others. @WiiM Support you may direct private message me. I just raised my concern. Thanks WiiM team

Why ? Sound offensive. As a consumer, I have the right to know if my unit is of first batch or not , regardless of audible impact as it may affect my resell value to others. @WiiM Support you may direct private message me. I just raised my concern. Thanks WiiM team
Wiim don’t always read the forum, so as I suggest, contact them directly by raising a ticket.

Does anyone have photos of the interior of the Wiim Pro Plus, especially the DAC pcb board?

For technical curiosity ;) The AKM pro plus board is more advanced than the pro board. There is only a small thumbnail on the official Wiimhome website.

Review updated with final production sample :

Main.jpg
REW THD+N Scaler.png

Great to read the review on ASR, fits with the enjoyment so many are getting from this great value high performance streamer. I went with the Pro Plus even though also bought a E70 Velvet DAC, once I fix an issue with the analog side of my temp system and then later test with my higher end one I would really be happy if the Pro Plus DAC does just as well, less gear the better, saves space, money, less to go wrong, etc....so far I love this streamer, has to be one of the all time great deals in audio.

Back