WiiM Pro objective measurements

the suspicious heating of standard transformers if there is overconsumption is easily observed anyway...
always watching

ps
"Measurements are just a indication of what is wrong or right with the sound. A measurement can be almost the same, while sound is different to the ears. I don't like the sound while playing with the WIIM app. It is too sibilant. This goes away using Chromecast. The reviewer says both measure almost the same yet it is a world of difference to me"
this is not what I used as an observation approach...at all...
just observe quality of alimentation

;-)
ps
in analog I also prefer the old little chromecast audio.... but that's not the question...
in num ... I would like to be able to compare with the pro and its lower jitter, closer to the chromecast .. but I only have a mini ...

Last edited:
A measurement can be almost the same, while sound is different to the ears.
It will happen when you take wrong measurement for an occurrence you want to analyze. There is no one best measurement for everything in the audio domain.

Measurements are just an indication of what is wrong or right with the sound. A measurement can be almost the same, while sound is different to the ears. I don't like the sound while playing with the WIIM app. It is too sibilant. This goes away using Chromecast. The reviewer says both measure almost the same yet it is a world of difference to me.
Chromecast must be doing something to the stream as output using the Wiim app should be bit perfect.

Chromecast must be doing something to the stream as output using the Wiim app should be bit perfect.
The Pro itself seems to be transparent when chromecast is used but it tells nothing about the possible alteration applied to the audio stream by the application/source which shares the data.

Back