WiiM Pro Plus Roon Bridge support

birdietwin

Just received the new Pro Plus and noticed Roon support only over Airplay and Chromecast (when enabled). Is a fully functional Roon Bridge on the roadmap?

Last edited:
Ah, I didn't read correct. As far as I know the Roon certification for the Plus is work in progress, sorry.

WiiM have said it doesn’t need to go thru the full certification process like the Pro did, so hopefully Roon Ready will be delivered to the Pro Plus by a firmware upgrade in a matter of weeks rather than months.

The certification must be a very complicated process, since the long time it takes.
I see some products come out already "roon ready". Where are the differences, maybe budgets involved or different planning?

Last edited:
I bought the Pro Plus assuming the Roon support would come quickly. Still happy with the purchase though.

Thanks everyone for your patience. It's still in the queue with Roon. We'll update you all when WiiM Pro Plus has been certified for Roon.

How could I do now to use the Pro Plus with all Roon functionality? (not Airplay or Chromecast). Thanks

Enable Squeezebox support on Roon by toggling the option under Settings -> Setup. Then under Settings -> Audio enable the WiiM Squeezebox device. Note that I have found the WiiM Squeezebox audio device drops frequently, so YMMV. Hopefully the Roon Bridge will soon be available and more reliable.

Enable Squeezebox support on Roon by toggling the option under Settings -> Setup. Then under Settings -> Audio enable the WiiM Squeezebox device. Note that I have found the WiiM Squeezebox audio device drops frequently, so YMMV. Hopefully the Roon Bridge will soon be available and more reliable.
Yes, I doubt on it. SB is not affordable as a solution and doesn't have all Roon functionality. So I'll wait 'til Roon Ready certification. Then I'll buy it. Thanks a lot

Not sure I understand your reply. SB support is built into the WiiM Pro Plus, so there's no additional cost to use it.

Back