WiiM Pro Plus Roon Bridge support

News about the Roon Ready certification for Pro Plus?
Nothing as yet - it’s largely in Roon’s hands and they’re very tight lipped until they’re ready to announce certification. Given they’ve just announced their November partners list, I wouldn’t expect any news about the Pro Plus till at least the next one at the end of December.

Nothing as yet - it’s largely in Roon’s hands and they’re very tight lipped until they’re ready to announce certification. Given they’ve just announced their November partners list, I wouldn’t expect any news about the Pro Plus till at least the next one at the end of December.
@Brantome do you know whether WiiM are able to identify Roon user numbers or indeed Squeezelite user numbers? We know the devices "phone home" in certain circumstances i.e. when you raise a ticket but is there anything automatic in the background do you know?

@Brantome do you know whether WiiM are able to identify Roon user numbers or indeed Squeezelite user numbers? We know the devices "phone home" in certain circumstances i.e. when you raise a ticket but is there anything automatic in the background do you know?
Not that I’m aware of but I’d be very surprised if they didn’t monitor which functions are used and which aren’t. I did ask them some months ago for a clear privacy statement in the app to clarify what data they did collect (if any) and they said they recognised the importance of that and would attend to it, but nothing has materialised. Maybe worth prodding them again on that, but whether they’d release any stats is another matter - they’d probably see that as commercially sensitive.

Not that I’m aware of but I’d be very surprised if they didn’t monitor which functions are used and which aren’t. I did ask them some months ago for a clear privacy statement in the app to clarify what data they did collect (if any) and they said they recognised the importance of that and would attend to it, but nothing has materialised. Maybe worth prodding them again on that, but whether they’d release any stats is another matter - they’d probably see that as commercially sensitive.
I agree that such data shouldn't be shared but if it is being collected I would assume it is being used to inform where to spend their development budget. I imagine Roon for example carries quite a price tag as would BBC Sounds via an official route.

I agree that such data shouldn't be shared but if it is being collected I would assume it is being used to inform where to spend their development budget. I imagine Roon for example carries quite a price tag as would BBC Sounds via an official route.
Precisely. I’ve heard it said they use AI to trawl their support tickets for info (think their marketing guy said that in some hi-fi show video) so it’d be reasonable to expect them to do similar with usage stats. I’ve pinged them again anyway…

The WiiM Pro (not plus) isn't dsd, right? So do I have to use it dsd over pcm? Thanks

Received the firmware update today that supports Roon Ready. I've been playing through it for about 5 hours now with no problems to report. For anyone who is counting, it took a little more than four months (Aug 11 - Dec 21) from receipt of the new Pro Plus for this update to appear. Patience rewarded!

Attachments

• IMG_3191.PNG
    IMG_3191.PNG
    583.2 KB · Views: 5
Back