Room correction

I vote this down, because it isn't useful to open multiple feature requests, all with the same title, just to force WiiM into reporting back.

Thank you for your polite understanding. This is nothing personal and no attempt to play down your legitimate interest.

Last edited:
Used House Curve with the WiiM peq and it worked pretty good with iPhone. Sounds cleaner now and measures more linear. It’s worth a try if you haven’t already.
Hi Chris, I had a tinker with HouseCurve, be interested how you placed/held the phone? I was holding the phone using Landscape/Bottom Mic facing the speakers from Listening position as recommended by the developer, but found big variances at < 150Hz best was using it at arms length in the center while sit aside from my listening position. I would like to try with a UMIK but don’t want to spring for 100 quid for the Mic when hopefully the WiiM correction comes soon. Thx

Hi Chris, I had a tinker with HouseCurve, be interested how you placed/held the phone? I was holding the phone using Landscape/Bottom Mic facing the speakers from Listening position as recommended by the developer, but found big variances at < 150Hz best was using it at arms length in the center while sit aside from my listening position. I would like to try with a UMIK but don’t want to spring for 100 quid for the Mic when hopefully the WiiM correction comes soon. Thx
I don’t think anything has been said that would preclude the need for a calibrated mic to do room correction for WiiM. They did mention the use of the pin hole mic used for sync but I don’t see how that possibly could be of use as that wouldn’t normally be at the listening position.

Wiim has been silent about this and from what stated by them beta available end of January.

I ran it set at octave smoothing to get a more general average and pulled down some of the peaks. I had a dip in the 1.5 -2.0 k range. Not sure how totally accurate the iPhone mic is but my understanding is it’s consistent from phone to phone.

As I am new to room correction I would like to know where to start and how to do it.
I use the WiiM Pro plus with an analog Marantz form 1997 (no coox in, no optic in).
Sadly no Iphone as Samsung fan girl.

But most important question. When I had the correctin file eg from phone or REW (maybe I can loan a mic and notebook) how the hell can I do the room correction?
Do I need an external EQ for it? And where in the chain WiiM->my AMP ->speaker do I put in?

As I am new to room correction I would like to know where to start and how to do it.
I use the WiiM Pro plus with an analog Marantz form 1997 (no coox in, no optic in).
Sadly no Iphone as Samsung fan girl.

But most important question. When I had the correctin file eg from phone or REW (maybe I can loan a mic and notebook) how the hell can I do the room correction?
Do I need an external EQ for it? And where in the chain WiiM->my AMP ->speaker do I put in?
The best you can do is manually enter the PEQ values into the WiiM home app, there isn’t a feature to load a file.

Also to be considered: If you use the 4 point PEQ of your Pro Plus for room correction then it only applies to sources fed through or streams received by it. Anything you might have connected to the Marantz directly will not even know about the WiiM being there. Sounds trivial, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Another point: As of now, the WiiM devices allow you to either use the 10 band graphic EQ (or any preset based on it) or the PEQ (or any saved preset based on it), be it for room correction or whatever. So, if you decide to apply room correction using PEQ you lose the ability to, say, select the "Movie" EQ preset on top of it. I hope that the announced native room EQ feature will do away with that restriction.

REW will allow you to specify how many PEQ points you can use, provide a target curve and how closely you want it to be followed and can automatically create PEQ values for that. However, this procedure still need a bit of experience with how to measure your speakers at all ...

NB: This is not a general discussion thread but a feature request thread specifically for the WiiM Amp. We should rather be discussing topics concerning the Pro Plus (or of general interest) in a better matching sub-forum.

Last edited:
I am somewhat familiar with automatic room correction, and I have tested Audyssey (Maranz, Alpine) and Pioneer (can’t recall the model) and they were disappointing.
DIRAC on the other hand worked ok but is expensive and also requires quiet some tweaking and know-how

It would be nice if they offered at least 3 pEQ bands for each channel (L+R+SUB). The current pEQ design is only useful for the bass range.

I am somewhat familiar with automatic room correction, and I have tested Audyssey (Maranz, Alpine) and Pioneer (can’t recall the model) and they were disappointing.
DIRAC on the other hand worked ok but is expensive and also requires quiet some tweaking and know-how

It would be nice if they offered at least 3 pEQ bands for each channel (L+R+SUB). The current pEQ design is only useful for the bass range.

My Onkyo AVR has never delivered a satisfactory room correction. In fact I find it aggravating.

My Onkyo AVR has never delivered a satisfactory room correction. In fact I find it aggravating.
I'm really looking forward to seeing if Wiim decides to incorporate room correction into their system. It would be great if they give us the option to fine-tune all the parameters, like DIRAC, but without needing extra software or a PC.
What matters most to me is the ability to EQ each channel individually since every room has its own unique quirks.
Except some expensive options room correction tends to be mediocre at best.

So happy, this is WiiM, not Onkyo! 😃

My point....Room correction on my Onkyo is AccuEQ. Not a very good room correction software according to many including Audio Science. So now the conversation has moved to which room correction software is good. Then it moves to the quality of the mic you use. These two things will have an impact on price of the Wiim itself. Not to mention the endless complaints of room correction not sounding good. I think Wiim is entering an area where it will regret ever entering at all. Time will tell.

My point....Room correction on my Onkyo is AccuEQ. Not a very good room correction software according to many including Audio Science. So now the conversation has moved to which room correction software is good. Then it moves to the quality of the mic you use. These two things will have an impact on price of the Wiim itself. Not to mention the endless complaints of room correction not sounding good. I think Wiim is entering an area where it will regret ever entering at all. Time will tell.
And m point is, let's wait and see what they come up with. If they are clever enough they might find a much better solution.

E.g. stuff like trying to detect speaker distances is totally useless in a 2.1 setup. Let the user enter these values manually and concentrate on other things.

The room correction in my Lyngdorf amp is very complex and uses a high class microphone with cable and a stand... i am curious how they want to achieve a good solution

Back