Just a reminder

Hi Team,

We're on track for the Q2 release of the WiiM Ultra, and we're thrilled to announce that Beta testing will begin with our forum users by the end of April or early May. But wait, there's more! We're also planning another product launch within Q2.

We want to hear from you! What do you think the new product could be? Share your ideas and let's spark some creativity in our community. Your insights are valuable, and who knows, your guess might just hit the mark. Stay tuned and get ready to be part of our exciting journey with the WiiM Ultra and beyond
I wouldn't be surprised if an upgraded Amp is coming. If the amount of coverage is anything to go by, the Amp is the success I thought it would be, and IMO the only reasonable complaint about it is its power output.

(If I'm right, do I get to beta test?)

Last edited:
If the amount of coverage is anything to go by, the Amp is the success I thought it would be, and IMO the only reasonable complaint about it is its power output.
Head over to audiosciencereview and you will find that there's a lot more to complain about. :)

The lower "issue" OTOH is much overrated and largely (not completely, of course) based on poor understanding.

Eventually really an AVR. They don't need to change the advertising 😇

We're on track for the Q2 release of the WiiM Ultra, and we're thrilled to announce that Beta testing will begin with our forum users by the end of April or early May.

How does one beta-test on a forum, unless you send devices out? :unsure:

I'd tell you to send me one, but it's probably going to be a beta device, and when I purchase my first WiiM device ever, I want it to be a production device with a final PCB... Unless you also send one out when it's final :D

But wait, there's more! We're also planning another product launch within Q2. We want to hear from you! What do you think the new product could be? Share your ideas and let's spark some creativity in our community. Your insights are valuable, and who knows, your guess might just hit the mark. Stay tuned and get ready to be part of our exciting journey with the WiiM Ultra and beyond!

It's a WAF-ready streaming active loudspeaker, along the lines of what Ikea and Sonos produce (like the Symfonisk picture frame), but yours goes a step beyond and you can pair two into stereo mode.

You have the DAC/amp section covered, you have streaming done right, I don't think you'll go along the lines of an Amp Pro yet (too soon), and there's money to be made with wives of the people who purchase your gear.

Hi Team,

We're on track for the Q2 release of the WiiM Ultra, and we're thrilled to announce that Beta testing will begin with our forum users by the end of April or early May. But wait, there's more! We're also planning another product launch within Q2.

We want to hear from you! What do you think the new product could be? Share your ideas and let's spark some creativity in our community. Your insights are valuable, and who knows, your guess might just hit the mark. Stay tuned and get ready to be part of our exciting journey with the WiiM Ultra and beyond!

This is superb news.

My suggestion for the next product would be a WiiM Pre. Basically, the WiiM Amp with the amp taken out. The Amp has had superb reviews, and the only real criticism is the standard of the amp stage. So take it out, and sell the ‘front end’ on its own, RCA outs for L, R, Sub. Maybe balanced XLRs if you wish. I’d say digital outs, but why, unless the digital outs come after the low frequencies have been stripped out and sent over RCA to the sub, I suppose. Anyway, take the WiiM Amp and, if people don’t like the amp bit they can choose their own.

That aside, the only thing I’d maybe change is the DAC. As of yet, no one has been able to measure that, as the only outputs are for speakers. The Pro Plus’ DAC is fine/transparent.

Anyway, good luck. How do we sign up for beta? And what’s the deal? The Amp’s early versions had some hiss/noise, which were fixed. If you get a beta model and it has issues which are fixed, do you get a replacement?

And finally, price please.

Many thanks.

Head over to audiosciencereview and you will find that there's a lot more to complain about. :)

The lower "issue" OTOH is much overrated and largely (not completely, of course) based on poor understanding.

I spend a lot of time there, and can’t remember any real criticism apart from the amplification stage.

This is superb news.

My suggestion for the next product would be a WiiM Pre. Basically, the WiiM Amp with the amp taken out. The Amp has had superb reviews, and the only real criticism is the standard of the amp stage. So take it out, and sell the ‘front end’ on its own, RCA outs for L, R, Sub. Maybe balanced XLRs if you wish. I’d say digital outs, but why, unless the digital outs come after the low frequencies have been stripped out and sent over RCA to the sub, I suppose. Anyway, take the WiiM Amp and, if people don’t like the amp bit they can choose their own.

That aside, the only thing I’d maybe change is the DAC. As of yet, no one has been able to measure that, as the only outputs are for speakers. The Pro Plus’ DAC is fine/transparent.

Anyway, good luck. How do we sign up for beta? And what’s the deal? The Amp’s early versions had some hiss/noise, which were fixed. If you get a beta model and it has issues which are fixed, do you get a replacement?

And finally, price please.

Many thanks.
Isn't that pretty much what the Ultra is meant to be ?

Isn't that pretty much what the Ultra is meant to be ?

Yes, except the Ultra has a screen. Which is great, for those who want a screen. Many were happy with the Amp and Pro Plus without one.

The big upgrade with the Amp over the Pro Plus was sub out and bass management. I’d be happy with a new Pro Plus with that.

Hi Team,

We want to hear from you! What do you think the new product could be? Share your ideas and let's spark some creativity in our community. Your insights are valuable, and who knows, your guess might just hit the mark. Stay tuned and get ready to be part of our exciting journey with the WiiM Ultra and beyond!
Would like to see a WiiM Speaker a bit like a Sonos Era 100 / One device, they have quite a few products now covering a streaming source for an external amp.

Would like to see a WiiM Speaker a bit like a Sonos Era 100 / One device, they have quite a few products now covering a streaming source for an external amp.
The speaker thing, I suspect, is inevitable. I'd like to see something more along the lines of Q Acoustics M20/M40 but with WiiM built-in rather than single speakers that can be paired.
There's clearly an established relationship with Edifier so that could be put to use…

Hi Team,

Can you post what’s ultra look like? We’re all excited to see the image. Thanks!

If you look at the planned products listed in Linkplay’s “Wiim” U.S. trademark applications filed in January 2023, the first items are: “Audio speakers; Audio amplifiers; Audio hardware consisting of stand-alone voice controlled information devices, namely, cloud-connected and voice-controlled smart audio speakers with virtual personal assistant capabilities;”.

So, powered speakers, or smart speakers seem a good bet. There was a video interview a while ago with a U.S.-based Wiim representative about the Wiim amp who said a 120W/8 ohm amp was planned (for commercial use?) but that could also now be a planned consumer product.

Powered wifi speakers would seem to be a good fit for Wiim’s streaming products.

Link to one of the U.S. trademark applications in the public USPTO database, if you are interested: https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=...TION&caseType=DEFAULT&searchType=statusSearch

Yes, except the Ultra has a screen. Which is great, for those who want a screen. Many were happy with the Amp and Pro Plus without one.

The big upgrade with the Amp over the Pro Plus was sub out and bass management. I’d be happy with a new Pro Plus with that.
It’s wiim amp without amp with additional connections and screen. This allow me to use my mono block 450 watt. I will purchase if dac and preamp are ultra quality.

Yes, powered speakers, quite possibly designed by Linkplay investor Edifier, is my guess. Hopefully with room correction.

If the other new product is a smart speaker, I'm curious if MRM can support surround.

Use Ultra (or amp) and 4-6 WiiM speakers to play Atmos. 🤗

If the other new product is a smart speaker, I'm curious if MRM can support surround.

Use Ultra (or amp) and 4-6 WiiM speakers to play Atmos. 🤗
Even if they'd only allow for 4.1 systems that would be quite a nice feature to have.
Though in that case what would stop them from letting you use a second amp / streamer for the rear speakers?

Back