WIIM PRO shutting off Yamaha receiver!

mass15181518

Has anyone else have this issue? My WIIM will cause the receiver to shutt off completely. I know the problem is caused by WIIM because If I cast music from the YAMAHA music cast there is no issue.
I have reached out to WIIM support and have not received any feedback.

Not really happy with the product thus far.

Can anyone let me know if they have experienced this?

Yes the connection was this way, however before I wrote to you I figured this might have been an issue so I disconnected. Issue still happened.

How do I connect the WIIM to the Yahama receiver?
As explained in comment #14 above, connect the line out from the WiiM Pro into one of Audio 3, 4 or 5 on the Yamaha. Also, in the WiiM home app, under your Pro’s audio settings, set the line out level initially at 500mVrms.

Alternatively, you should be able to connect the WiiM to the Yamaha is by connecting the SPDIF OUT on the WiiM to the OPTICAL connection on the Yamaha. OR you can connect the COAXIAL OUT on the WiiM to the COAXIAL connection on the Yamaha.

I would unplug the WiiM from Yamaha, do a factory reset on the WiiM and start over to connect it to the Yamaha.

Why do you want the WiiM in this setup? The Yamaha has a significant overlap in functionality with the WiiM?

Why do you want the WiiM in this setup? The Yamaha has a significant overlap in functionality with the WiiM?
Admittedly some overlap, but the WiiM Amp is Roon Ready rather just Roon Tested; it supports bit perfect AlexaCast from the Amazon Music app; can be used in an Alexa MRM group; it has the Squeezelite client; it supports Tidal Connect which I’m unsure if the Yamaha can; it has a 4, soon to be 8/10 band PEQ; it supports Airplay casting and probably more.

The specs say it supports Tidal (and Amazon HD) but I don't know what this means.
According to this list, We can play Tidal on Yamaha musiccast app (Native Tidal), but it is not supports Tidal Connect.

Edit; Only three network receivers, including R-N2000A, support Tidal Connect.

I don't have Tidal in my country, so I can't use it with my Yamaha AVR anyway. 🤣😭

Hello again, I have followed your instructions and switched the input into the audio 3,4 &5 and am having the same issue. The receiver shut's off suddenly protecting itself from something. This issue occurs when the input is plugged into the 3,4&5 audio.
At this point I really don't know what to do and not satisfied with the product

Have you connected another piece of equipment, such as a CD or DVD player, successfully to input 3, 4, or 5 of the Yamaha using the same RCA cable that you are using to connect your WiiM to the Yamaha?

It's possible your WiiM or the RCA cable or the Yamaha is defective. A few simple tests should identify where the problem lies.

Hello again, I have followed your instructions and switched the input into the audio 3,4 &5 and am having the same issue. The receiver shut's off suddenly protecting itself from something. This issue occurs when the input is plugged into the 3,4&5 audio.
At this point I really don't know what to do and not satisfied with the product

That's so strange.
By the way, have you changed the Line Out Level to "500mVrms" in the audio settings of the WiiM home app?
1000000249.jpg

Also, please turn down the volume on your WiiM and RX-A2A enough first.

The RCA input sensitivity of the A2A is 200 mV. The maximum allowable input is 2.4V, so if the WiiM's RCA output is 2Vrms, the protection circuitry may come into play. (I'm not an electrical expert, so don't know much about it.)

If this doesn't work, one option is to try a Toslink connection, as @Doublej said earlier.

Have you connected another piece of equipment, such as a CD or DVD player, successfully to input 3, 4, or 5 of the Yamaha using the same RCA cable that you are using to connect your WiiM to the Yamaha?

It's possible your WiiM or the RCA cable or the Yamaha is defective. A few simple tests should identify where the problem lies.
I do not have a CD/DVD player unfortunately. I am using the RCA cable that was provided with the WIIM.

I have already changed the YAMAHA receiver for a new one and the problem persist, so the receiver is not the problem

That's so strange.
By the way, have you changed the Line Out Level to "500mVrms" in the audio settings of the WiiM home app?
View attachment 6672

Also, please turn down the volume on your WiiM and RX-A2A enough first.

The RCA input sensitivity of the A2A is 200 mV. The maximum allowable input is 2.4V, so if the WiiM's RCA output is 2Vrms, the protection circuitry may come into play. (I'm not an electrical expert, so don't know much about it.)

If this doesn't work, one option is to try a Toslink connection, as @Doublej said earlier.
I will try to put the line out level at 500mVrms as suggested. Keep you posted if it persists.

Thank you

I will try to put the line out level at 500mVrms as suggested. Keep you posted if it persists.

Thank you
You should always try and match the line out of your devices to the line in expected in your amplifier, while not doing this is hardly fatal, it does mean that the max volume will be either before the "max" setting on the amplifier, or after it, depending on if the input is above or below the line in expected voltage.

This can make it very easy to accidentally overdrive your amplifier, and many amps have protection for this.

You should always try and match the line out of your devices to the line in expected in your amplifier, while not doing this is hardly fatal, it does mean that the max volume will be either before the "max" setting on the amplifier, or after it, depending on if the input is above or below the line in expected voltage.

This can make it very easy to accidentally overdrive your amplifier, and many amps have protection for this.
Still having the same issue, receiver shuts off. Followed your recommendations, there is clearly and issue with my WIIM. It is only a couple of months old, I would like to find a solution here. I am disappointed with the product thus far.

Sounds like a pretty unique issue which has us all scratching our heads.

Have you tried using the optical or coax outputs from the WiiM into the audio 1 or audio 2 input respectively of the AVR to see if they work ok?

Back