Wiim Pro Plus status light control

theparkdude

Does anyone know if there's an HTTP API command to toggle the status led light for the Pro Plus? I'd like to turn off the light when in standby and on again when in use. I checked the API document published for the Mini but obviously didn't find any reference to this.

Does anyone know if there's an HTTP API command to toggle the status led light for the Pro Plus? I'd like to turn off the light when in standby and on again when in use. I checked the API document published for the Mini but obviously didn't find any reference to this.
As someone glibly pointed out before, why do you need the light on when in use - the sound should tell you it's on and working ;)

As someone glibly pointed out before, why do you need the light on when in use - the sound should tell you it's on and working ;)
And this argument is still as wrong as when it's been originally made. ;)

I had to look up the definition of "glibly" in Mr. Ee's response, perfect word for the situation. 😁 This is my first Wiim product and admittedly I didn't search the forum before posting. I see now that there's ongoing drama with the status light and arguments have been made to its current functionality. Shame, looks like another case of fixing what's not broken...

Given that the WiiM team are working on such treats as room correction, adding additional services, developing more WiiM products, I really don't see how this light has become such an issue, it really pales in insignificance compared to the feat WiiM has achieved as a disruptor in the audio market.

If you don't like the light, turn it off, if you love the light, leave it on. It really doesn't matter.

For people using the WiiM as a trigger for other devices, simply pause your music when you aren't listening, and within a few minutes, the trigger will turn off the WiiM and the connected devices, even if the light is still on.

Back