WiiM Ultra launch price

At what price would the WiiM Ultra be a compelling choice without sacrificing value?

• US $349, EUR 379, GBP 349

• US $399, EUR 429, GBP 399

• US $449, EUR 449, GBP 449

• Other - please specify price with currency in the comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd need to see some pics of the inside and know what DAC chip was used to comment on the price. Hopefully that info is coming soon.
I believe WiiM Team thinks the other way...

Based on the Price range that has the most voting for, they decide which DAC chipset to be used ... :p

Hi, I'm new here so hello to everyone.
I'm probably going to write something unpopular, but I think that the Wiim Ultra price of EUR 700 would be acceptable. The condition is good quality acoustic room correction. This requires adequate computing power and this costs money. A device with similar functionality - minidsp SHD with a Dirac Live license costs EUR 1,090 in Europe.

Hi, I'm new here so hello to everyone.
I'm probably going to write something unpopular, but I think that the Wiim Ultra price of EUR 700 would be acceptable. The condition is good quality acoustic room correction. This requires adequate computing power and this costs money. A device with similar functionality - minidsp SHD with a Dirac Live license costs EUR 1,090 in Europe.
in my memory these machines minidsp work in 96k24...but I never got any answers from wiim to the technical approach of their peq rc mode etc... and dirac is expensive...

I would rather pay less for a version without the screen that includes all the connectivity of the Ultra. I love the WiiM as a streaming platform, but I feel the addition of a screen unnecessarily increases the retail price. My phone screen is larger and always in front of me.

I would rather pay less for a version without the screen that includes all the connectivity of the Ultra. I love the WiiM as a streaming platform, but I feel the addition of a screen unnecessarily increases the retail price. My phone screen is larger and always in front of me.
I can still see a screen being of use even if it’s relatively small and far away - for example, my Linn amp has a small screen that doesn’t display artwork just text, but is very useful when I’m using the remote to scroll thru inputs, track titles, show bitrate, give visual feedback on volume changes etc. Plus I still find a remote more handy and quicker to use than a phone that you might need to wake up, find the app you want, open it and navigate to the screen you need.

With the preset function on the remote, a screen is a great addition.
Though I don't see much of a point for it to be a touchscreen. Could perhaps be useful for desktop use?

I’m not sure why there’s so much hate for the screen, even down to people saying they won’t buy it because it has a screen.

If you don’t like it you don’t have to use it, and I suspect you’ll be able to turn it off - we’ll find that out soon enough.

I’m not sure why there’s so much hate for the screen, even down to people saying they won’t buy it because it has a screen.

If you don’t like it you don’t have to use it, and I suspect you’ll be able to turn it off - we’ll find that out soon enough.
The ability to turn it off, like other things, could come in the form of firmware updates initially from beta user feedback I'd suspect.

Probably the same people who would pay even more for a 'Roon ready' sticker enabling them to pay an exorbitant subscription to listen to their own music. 😜😎

My amp has 2 tape loops I have no use for. Should I complain about this too. 😂 the pro plus exists for folks who want a simpler bit perfect experience

Probably the same people who would pay even more for a 'Roon ready' sticker enabling them to pay an exorbitant subscription to listen to their own music. 😜😎
What do you call "exorbitant"?? 10 €/month?? Its pure populistic bashing for a well regarded and excellent user friendly product.

What do you call "exorbitant"?? 10 €/month?? Its pure populistic bashing for a well regarded and excellent user friendly product.
Some people pay $10 a month to discord, for a lot less than what roon provides.

If you can afford it, and like the service, it's only fair that you meet what they want in terms of compensation.

Some people pay $10 a month to discord, for a lot less than what roon provides.

If you can afford it, and like the service, it's only fair that you meet what they want in terms of compensation.
Thats it. Everyone in his own fashion.

I voted £449 as a fair price for a streamer with a premium dac and capable room correction /peq. The very worst thing you could do in my opinion would be to water down the specifications to meet a cheap price point despite the majority cheapskate vote.

Good day people!
In response to Beresniak, yes I would like to have a good quality room correction and I understand that this increases the cost, but I insist that if this leads to the product increasing to USD 700, it misses the point, since on the other side of the In the ring there are products like Eversolo or miniDSP and I just don't want to play in those leagues. I think it would be a big mistake if LinkPlay tries to compete with them, even if their quality is equivalent. Certainly the strength that I see in the WiiM team is to keep costs contained, to be able to fill that market niche of people who cannot (or do not want) to spend what Eversolo asks for.
In response to Grantwillemse, I partially agree. Screen yes, but that does not compromise the cost depending on the audio quality. I definitely don't hate it, but I can completely do without it (it's like putting raw ham on pizza, a waste of good prosciutto).
In response to Cooky560, the Pro Plus does not have two fundamental features: volume control used as pre and bass management, which is why it is not recommended to connect directly to a power amplifier.
Long story short, I still think it should be around $300 or so if the quality of the DAC exceeds the Pro Plus.
Greetings from the other side of the pond!

Good day people!
In response to Beresniak, yes I would like to have a good quality room correction and I understand that this increases the cost, but I insist that if this leads to the product increasing to USD 700, it misses the point, since on the other side of the In the ring there are products like Eversolo or miniDSP and I just don't want to play in those leagues. I think it would be a big mistake if LinkPlay tries to compete with them, even if their quality is equivalent. Certainly the strength that I see in the WiiM team is to keep costs contained, to be able to fill that market niche of people who cannot (or do not want) to spend what Eversolo asks for.
In response to Grantwillemse, I partially agree. Screen yes, but that does not compromise the cost depending on the audio quality. I definitely don't hate it, but I can completely do without it (it's like putting raw ham on pizza, a waste of good prosciutto).
In response to Cooky560, the Pro Plus does not have two fundamental features: volume control used as pre and bass management, which is why it is not recommended to connect directly to a power amplifier.
Long story short, I still think it should be around $300 or so if the quality of the DAC exceeds the Pro Plus.
Greetings from the other side of the pond!
I agree, why? There is no amp built into it so the parts and cost of the amp went to the cost of connections and screen. As for what the dac chipset, I don’t think it will be flagship of current offering of ess or akm maybe one or two from previous generation flagship. It should cost same as amp without amp since the cost went towards to the connections.

What i want to add according to price..
I dont think if we know the price you can find a simular product at the wiim price point.
Thats also something to think about.
And there is hardware ..but the software and support is also very important.
Here wiim does also a great job..
You get very good hard/ software and excellent support!

Back