WiiM Ultra launch price

At what price would the WiiM Ultra be a compelling choice without sacrificing value?

• US $349, EUR 379, GBP 349

• US $399, EUR 429, GBP 399

• US $449, EUR 449, GBP 449

• Other - please specify price with currency in the comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi, Team.

Considering the current crash of the JPY, I am timid to participate in this vote.

But let's be honest, I have no choice but to cast one vote for the lowest price.😂

Please forgive me.
I totally agree with you, where i'm from the euro is very "expensive"(low wages). 😭

I think people have different needs so the amount they're willing to pay varies. Personally I want a USB output on a WiiM pro plus. Additionally I would welcome 6E and better Bluetooth codecs just for fun. For those reasons I'm not at the high end of the price spectrum. I can just keep what I have if the price goes too high.

It depends on how it compares to other offerings performance wise so I can't say. The better it performs the higher the asking price can be. I'd price it at half the price of the Eversolo DMP A6. That would be €429 in Europe.

It depends on how it compares to other offerings performance wise so I can't say. The better it performs the higher the asking price can be. I'd price it at half the price of the Eversolo DMP A6. That would be €429 in Europe.
Given that their prices in the past could be said to have been half the price of products they might have been targeting (for arguments sake the BlueSound Node and PowerNode) then what you say would logically follow

Given that their prices in the past could be said to have been half the price of products they might have been targeting (for arguments sake the BlueSound Node and PowerNode) then what you say would logically follow
It will not be the case if Ultra creeps up above $300. I posted (removed) an example of a Pro paired with another product that is superior and under that price.

Given it's look, a screen, and all it's connections.
If the DAC is better than the pro, then it'll easily be worth $449. (About 5.000 NOK here)

People will obviously vote as cheap as possible, hoping to get a better deal, without considering what the product is actually worth compared to competitors.

It will not be the case if Ultra creeps up above $300. I posted (removed) an example of a Pro paired with another product that is superior and under that price.
The Pro paired with a Schiit Magni would not have the same feature set and, as @harkpabst has pointed out, it remains to be seen whether it would be superior,in terms of performance.

Obviously, you don't need/want some of these features, and that's great, but a lot of people do.

Taking current $US prices on Amazon as a guide, Wiim Pro is $149, Pro Plus is $219. If Wiim Ultra is another incremental improvement in the streaming line-up, doesn’t an $80 or $100 increase seem more in line with past Wiim "value"? i.e. Ultra at $299 or $319? (Or about €349 including tax)? So Wiim is putting their bottom end higher than that, so it seems like they may be "sacrificing value" (whatever that actually means!)
I also think its quite odd to ask potential customers of a ready-to-release product for pricing opinions - Wiim already knows their production cost, marketing cost, and competitor prices - surely a sophisticated business knows what it needs to charge to make an adequate profit?

As a 1:1 direct comparison to the Wiim Amp (at $300 USD):
  • No amplification (-$100)
  • Coax out, optical out, Phono input, USB (media server AND external media connection), better (but unidentified) DAC, and a touchscreen (+$150-$200)
I'd hope it doesn't exceed $400 USD but I'll probably buy it at whatever price it ends up releasing at. Odd that they put up a thread to discuss pricing imo.

I echo what rwildare wrote about the quality of the DAC being key. In addition, I would want to know the quality of the streamer and the preamp. I own two WiiM products already and like them a lot but understand their limitations in an audiophile system. If they can value engineer higher quality, it is a game changer and I would pay for it at any of the three prices. For marketing purposes, however, $399 should be the price point. Given the structure of the question, I believe that is what WiiM is thinking too.

You can call it odd or you can take from it that the final retail price will most likely be somewhere between the highest and the lowest suggested. :)

I for one think that this is good news.
If we combine "odd" and "setting a high/low range", maybe they are just using some rather weak subterfuge to leak the price in advance to fuel the hype for the product?

If we combine "odd" and "setting a high/low range", maybe they are just using some rather weak subterfuge to leak the price in advance to fuel the hype for the product?
That's a more direct way of stating what I was implying. ;)

Back