WiiM Ultra launch price

At what price would the WiiM Ultra be a compelling choice without sacrificing value?

• US $349, EUR 379, GBP 349

• US $399, EUR 429, GBP 399

• US $449, EUR 449, GBP 449

• Other - please specify price with currency in the comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
Shortly speaking - both digital and analog outputs active the same time, for usage flexibility.

Yes, but specifically the digital out becomes L&R-only, with the LF stripped out. That part is so important, as sub out/bass management is one of the great benefits of the Amp and Ultra. If using an external DAC on the Ultra prevents bass management, then the Ultra just becomes a Pro Plus with a screen.

Yes, but specifically the digital out becomes L&R-only, with the LF stripped out. That part is so important, as sub out/bass management is one of the great benefits of the Amp and Ultra. If using an external DAC on the Ultra prevents bass management, then the Ultra just becomes a Pro Plus with a screen.
If I couldn't do that, I might get so mad that I would do a handstand naked for a week at the entrance of the California headquarters building.🤗

Yes, but specifically the digital out becomes L&R-only, with the LF stripped out.
The crossover is digital, so it's a part of processing in the digital domain along with PEQ or room correction. I can imagine a choice between LP or HP filtered content being digitally outputted.

BTW, the Amp could do that as well when the usb audio output is finally implemented. All we need are simultaneous analog and digital outputs, which is not possible so far for WiiMs.

The crossover is digital, so it's a part of processing in the digital domain along with PEQ or room correction. I can imagine a choice between LP or HP filtered content being digitally outputted.

Yes, I've tried to figure it out in my head.

By definition, the part where 0s and 1s are turned into analogue has to be the very last thing it does.

So it surely can be done. But the worry is that, AFAIA, at the moment none of the WiiM streamers will output analogue and digital at the same time.

I voted for the lowest price option as i have no use for the dac/analogue output... i am mainly interested in the streaming quality of the digital output.
If it is not better than the one of Pro or Pro Plus, the Ultra is not of interest for me... maybe a lot of other users with high quality dacs or amplifiers with integrated digital conversion share my opinion.
A small display and a mediocre phono input is the last thing i expect in such a product...
For me Ultra should stand for high performance!

I voted for the lowest price option as i have no use for the dac/analogue output... i am mainly interested in the streaming quality of the digital output.
If it is not better than the one of Pro or Pro Plus, the Ultra is not of interest for me... maybe a lot of other users with high quality dacs or amplifiers with integrated digital conversion share my opinion.
A small display and a mediocre phono input is the last thing i expect in such a product...
In my use case, it’s just I need more power than wiim amp can provide. Ultra is dac/streamer/preamp which I can used my mono block amp. Display won’t have any use for me since my sitting position and the device is 15 feet away. The analog input has no use to me either since i don’t use analog. The only thing matters is quality dac and sub out so the reason I voted for lowest price point. Other features maybe relevant to others. I think there should be two version of this device for those who want the feature sets and price that willing to pay. If wiim can have this device without display, analog input and half price it will give buyers a choice. Many of us would say why should I pay on features I don’t use and don’t want.

But then you're not voting for what this product should be priced, you're instead voting for what the device you'd want should be priced.

But then you're not voting for what this product should be priced, you're instead voting for what the device you'd want should be priced.
A very valid point as that will skew the results. It’d be better if such comments were on the WiiM Ultra thread rather than on the price poll…

There's such a thing as under promising and overdelivering. One could infer that Wiim are well aware of this given that when they trailed the amp, IIRC, a price was hinted at that was higher than what the eventual price turned out to be.

Just saying..

If I'm putting out a poll about pricing and setting the lowest selection at $349, I'd be sure to offer the device at an introductory price of $299 to exceed all expectations. I don't see how it helps WiiM to hint at $349 and then ask $400+. But that's me.

If I'm putting out a poll about pricing and setting the lowest selection at $349, I'd be sure to offer the device at an introductory price of $299 to exceed all expectations. I don't see how it helps WiiM to hint at $349 and then ask $400+. But that's me.
They're also hinting at the higher end price.
As long as it's not above what is mentioned here it should be fine, especially considering how limited the reach of this poll is.

That course of logic had crossed my mind.

People will always want more for less, but we have to be reasonable here and not just choose the lowest price. WiiM har normally made exceptional products, so if the screen is of Eversolo-quality and the DAC is good - i think the 449£$€ will be fair 👍🏻

Hi WiiM Community,

We’re considering the launch price for our upcoming WiiM Ultra product and would love your insights and opinions. Based on where some of you live, we provided some possible options in USD, EU, and UK currency (VAT included for both EUR/GBP). Please select one of the options above or provide your own suggestion.

Your feedback is invaluable and will help us set a fair price that reflects the quality and features of the WiiM Ultra while ensuring it remains accessible to our community.

Thanks for your input!
WiiM Team

Zen Stream would be a competitor for some users. So more options at less money would be great.

Good afternoon sirs. As I already expressed in other threads, I think that the price of the Ultra should not differ much from the Amp. Simply because a cabinet and a phono stage were added (which I wouldn't actually use) but the power stage was removed.
If the DAC improves noticeably compared to the Pro Plus, perhaps it would justify a few dollars more. This is why I voted for USD 349, although I would prefer it to be a little less (but only because the economic reality of my country is still very weak).
In any case, these are only guesses and speculations, since we do not know the actual specifications and measurements of the product.
Personally, I consider that the most notable strength of WiiM / LinkPlay is the possibility of acquiring a quality product comparable to much more expensive brands at a more accessible, honest and consistent price. I definitely think this feature is what sets WiiM products apart. If that is not true, this debate could well take place in another forum, with other brands and other products, or simply have no reason to exist.
Just my opinion.
Greetings to everyone from a very far away place in South America.

I could see myself buying at $399 IF it supports Apple Music like Eversolo. If not, $349. :)

I'd need to see some pics of the inside and know what DAC chip was used to comment on the price. Hopefully that info is coming soon.

Back