WiiM Ultra launch price

At what price would the WiiM Ultra be a compelling choice without sacrificing value?

• US $349, EUR 379, GBP 349

• US $399, EUR 429, GBP 399

• US $449, EUR 449, GBP 449

• Other - please specify price with currency in the comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for £399 as it seems like a fair and proportionate step up from the £219 of my Pro+ given the extra functionality. That said, I’ll not spend that to upgrade a 3 month Pro+.

And, even if in the market now, might still have gone with the Pro+. While the Ultra’s headphone socket and lack of a wall wart or brick for power are both welcome, the Pro+ might still win out as I don’t need all the inputs and the Ultra’s screen wouldn’t be visible in place. That placement also kills the HDMI as the TV is opposite the hifi.

Hi WiiM Community,

We’re considering the launch price for our upcoming WiiM Ultra product and would love your insights and opinions. Based on where some of you live, we provided some possible options in USD, EU, and UK currency (VAT included for both EUR/GBP). Please select one of the options above or provide your own suggestion.

Your feedback is invaluable and will help us set a fair price that reflects the quality and features of the WiiM Ultra while ensuring it remains accessible to our community.

Thanks for your input!
WiiM Team
The price is based on how good the DAC is and how well it is implemented plus the functionality of the screen. The tiny screen size is not of much use other than from a desk top use. Even the Eversolo screen is marginal at any distance but the cast to phone or tablet appears useful. I’m looking forward to learning more on May 9th.

I would say $399 USD where I am, which is $100 more than the WIIM amp. However, if you sneak in that new high-end 4499 AKM DAC, you could up that by another $100 easily.

Along with room correction it would be great if you could add some kind of stereo expansion circuit, similar to Neo6/Prologic. Obviously streamers are two channel...but a lot of people have multi-channel systems like myself to play them on so that would be a very nice add-on.

I would say $399 USD where I am, which is $100 more than the WIIM amp. However, if you sneak in that new high-end 4499 AKM DAC, you could up that by another $100 easily.

Along with room correction it would be great if you could add some kind of stereo expansion circuit, similar to Neo6/Prologic. Obviously streamers are two channel...but a lot of people have multi-channel systems like myself to play them on so that would be a very nice add-on.
a chip does not do everything...it depends a lot on the quality of its integration and its "environment"...

Voted US $349, EUR 379, GBP 349 but also happy if there is a version upcoming without a screen at this price.

Still has no USB audio out for those who prefer the clock to be owned by the DAC not the streamer. Without a decent chipset for this I can’t see this being Ultra. If it had this and allow higher than 192/24 and you will clean up at any of those prices. As the nearest would be the Eversolo at newly £300 more.

You may have noticed, but a bunch of comments not directly related to this poll or pricing have been migrated to the main Ultra thread. Please keep this thread focused on pricing. Thanks

Hi Team,

The DAC in this upcoming model surpasses the one currently in the Pro Plus. Additionally, it supports Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth LE audio/BT 5.3. Unfortunately, I'm only permitted to disclose this amount of information at this time. My apologies for any inconvenience.
From what (little) we know of the product so far, I would say $349 to $399 USD seems reasonable enough. Of course, if it had 10-band PEQ on launch AND support for the aptX range of codecs (the latter of which is looking less and less likely), then I personally would pay the premium for the higher option of $449. As it stands, I think without the aptX support, I'll be skipping the Ultra, sadly.

Off-topic: Just want to commend the team for the recent update to the Pro Plus speeding up Optical In sensing. I will say, WiiM does seem to support its existing products quite well even with new launches around the corner. Well done.

From what (little) we know of the product so far, I would say $349 to $399 USD seems reasonable enough. Of course, if it had 10-band PEQ on launch AND support for the aptX range of codecs (the latter of which is looking less and less likely), then I personally would pay the premium for the higher option of $449. As it stands, I think without the aptX support, I'll be skipping the Ultra, sadly.

Off-topic: Just want to commend the team for the recent update to the Pro Plus speeding up Optical In sensing. I will say, WiiM does seem to support its existing products quite well even with new launches around the corner. Well done.
If the main feature you’re looking for is Bluetooth, there are devices out there for less money.

If the main feature you’re looking for is Bluetooth, there are devices out there for less money.
Absolutely, but I don't claim it to be the main feature I'm looking for, mind. aptX support would however be the 'cherry on the cake' for me, on top of what is already a great product (WiiM Pro Plus) and what no doubt will be an even greater product (WiiM Ultra).

Specifically, I want to be able to use my Nintendo Switch (with Genki Audio Lite attachment, which allows for aptX LL above the standard SBC of the Switch console) in handheld mode while playing sound from my speaker system. There are any number of budget DACs that will allow this -- and indeed, I have owned one or two before -- but none to my knowledge that include all the features of the WiiM Pro Plus and soon WiiM Ultra (such as the aforementioned PEQ).

So, I acknowledge that my particular use case may not be the most common, but I do think that having more universal codecs like the aptX range would allow for greater usability for many. I would argue aptX is more ubiquitous than Bluetooth LE, for one thing, not to speak of other factors.

Anyway, as Brantome has stated, this is a thread for pricing, and not for my rambling about my wishlist. But I will repeat my statement to WiiM that I believe adding aptX support would merit the higher consumer price (not least because I understand that Qualcomm would have its own piece of the pie).

Absolutely, but I don't claim it to be the main feature I'm looking for, mind. aptX support would however be the 'cherry on the cake' for me, on top of what is already a great product (WiiM Pro Plus) and what no doubt will be an even greater product (WiiM Ultra).

Specifically, I want to be able to use my Nintendo Switch (with Genki Audio Lite attachment, which allows for aptX LL above the standard SBC of the Switch console) in handheld mode while playing sound from my speaker system. There are any number of budget DACs that will allow this -- and indeed, I have owned one or two before -- but none to my knowledge that include all the features of the WiiM Pro Plus and soon WiiM Ultra (such as the aforementioned PEQ).

So, I acknowledge that my particular use case may not be the most common, but I do think that having more universal codecs like the aptX range would allow for greater usability for many. I would argue aptX is more ubiquitous than Bluetooth LE, for one thing, not to speak of other factors.

Anyway, as Brantome has stated, this is a thread for pricing, and not for my rambling about my wishlist. But I will repeat my statement to WiiM that I believe adding aptX support would merit the higher consumer price (not least because I understand that Qualcomm would have its own piece of the pie).
I would think there is a very good chance the Ultra will support Aptx/LDAC etc, the Ultra has Bluetooth 5.3 as opposed to 5.1, so hopefully it will have better codec support as well.

I have no expectations on price, other than I expect the usual value from WiiM and the increase in price should be justified. What I really hope for, and is what others do, is to see a pre-sale discount offer for those who buy before it's released. Fosi Audio have just done this with their new V3 Mono amp and have done it with previous products. Buchardt do it with their products to. If it comes with the pre-sale discount then I'll likely jump on it (replacing my WiiM Pro Plus).

The other hope that I have is that you can apply low and high pass filters to the RCA and sub outputs.

It would be nice to know which components were used, but the price range of 1699-1799 PLN appears to be an excellent value for the money.

Back