WiiM Ultra launch price

At what price would the WiiM Ultra be a compelling choice without sacrificing value?

• US $349, EUR 379, GBP 349

• US $399, EUR 429, GBP 399

• US $449, EUR 449, GBP 449

• Other - please specify price with currency in the comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
Before I give an answer, the chipset is important for me to know. This pretty much the heart and soul of this device. It’s nice to that it support 6ghz but I will be using Ethernet cable.
If your referring to the dac chip that is no indication on how any unit will sound, what creates a good sounding dac is the power supply and the how they did the output stage. A dac chip from 20yrs ago can sound better than a current one If those two things are done correctly. Don't be fooled by thinking the latest dac chip will sound great. Its power supply and its output stage are more important. Hopefully WIIM considered this rather than just throwing in the latest chip.

If your referring to the dac chip that is no indication on how any unit will sound, what creates a good sounding dac is the power supply and the how they did the output stage. A dac chip from 20yrs ago can sound better than a current one If those two things are done correctly. Don't be fooled by thinking the latest dac chip will sound great. Its power supply and its output stage are more important. Hopefully WIIM considered this rather than just throwing in the latest chip.
Totally agree, but marketing... :ROFLMAO:

Hi WiiM Community,

We’re considering the launch price for our upcoming WiiM Ultra product and would love your insights and opinions. Based on where some of you live, we provided some possible options in USD, EU, and UK currency (VAT included for both EUR/GBP). Please select one of the options above or provide your own suggestion.

Your feedback is invaluable and will help us set a fair price that reflects the quality and features of the WiiM Ultra while ensuring it remains accessible to our community.

Thanks for your input!
WiiM Team
Hey Team, I voted €349 which is around $AUD500 plus a bit more often...

I'm not sure of the specs so giving a price vsule is a challenge..

Wiim do offer outstanding performance and the best value pricing... I hope they can keep this philosophy and still grow as a company

In my use case, it’s just I need more power than wiim amp can provide. Ultra is dac/streamer/preamp which I can used my mono block amp. Display won’t have any use for me since my sitting position and the device is 15 feet away. The analog input has no use to me either since i don’t use analog. The only thing matters is quality dac and sub out so the reason I voted for lowest price point. Other features maybe relevant to others. I think there should be two version of this device for those who want the feature sets and price that willing to pay. If wiim can have this device without display, analog input and half price it will give buyers a choice. Many of us would say why should I pay on features I don’t use and don’t want.
Agree with the display comments here.

Display is not necessary and it will only drive cost up and take budget from more important components ie better DAC Chip, better DAC integration, better connectors etc. Most people sit far from the Wiim device to be able to see it, also the App is the best user interface of most streamers I've seen, better to keep developing the app interface and features. Display has no use besides looking appealing to the eye. No real use.

I use a WiiM products in two areas:

Wiim Pro Plus as streamer + a Yamaha Amp A-S801 + KLH Model 5. the combo works well in the main living space, open space kitchen, living room, dining room ( 5 mts wide by 10 mts long), but to reveal the capability of the S801 and Klh Model 5 soundstage and detail, I feel the improvement on wiim Ultra streamear DAC will give so much bang for the money.

Wiim Amp is on master bedroom along Jamo S09 Floorstanding Speakers and Subwoofer.
Combo works well, with few things lacking HDMI Arc, a bit more power from the Amp maybe up to 80 watts @ 8 ohms, also I would like for the subwoofer management on the app to have the two settings for the LFE. This important one:

Option 1: Cut LFE at crossover point on app and send the higher frequencies to the Main speakers, lower crossover frequency to the Subwoofer ( like is currently doing), not my preferred option.

Option 2: send LFE lower than crossover point to subwoofer, but keep full frequency range to both Main Speakers ( this is may preferred options, cause it allows the full use of Full Range floorstanding speakers, but stills give the ability to reinforce Low Frequency with a subwoofer

Agree with the display comments.

Display is not necessary and it will only drive cost up and take budget away from more important components ie better DAC Chip, better DAC integration, better connectors etc. Most people sit far from the Wiim device to be able to see it, also the App is the best user interface of most streamers I've seen, better to keep developing the app interface and features. Display has no use besides looking appealing to the eye. No real use.

Wiim Pro Plus as streamer + a Yamaha Amp A-S801 + KLH Model 5. the combo works well in the main living space, open space for kitchen, living room, dining room, room size ( 5 mts wide by 10 mts long), but to reveal the capability of the S801 and Klh Model 5 soundstage and detail, I feel the improvement on wiim Ultra streamear DAC will give so much bang for the money.

Wiim Amp is on master bedroom along Jamo S09 Floorstanding Speakers and Subwoofer.
Combo works well, with few things lacking HDMI Arc, a bit more power from the Amp maybe up to 80 watts @ 8 ohms

On both Wiim devices Pro Plus and Amp
I would like for the subwoofer management on the app to have the two settings for the LFE. This is an important one for me:

Option 1: Cut LFE at crossover point on app and send the higher frequencies to the Main speakers, lower crossover frequency to the Subwoofer ( like is currently doing), not my preferred option. For user using smaller speakers.

Option 2: send LFE lower than crossover point to subwoofer, but keep full frequency range to both Main Speakers ( this is my preferred options, cause it allows for the full use of Full Range Speakers, but stills give the ability to reinforce Low Frequency with a subwoofer

Display is not necessary and it will only drive cost up and take budget away from more important components ie better DAC Chip, better DAC integration, better connectors etc. Most people sit far from the Wiim device to be able to see it, also the App is the best user interface of most streamers I've seen, better to keep developing the app interface and features. Display has no use besides looking appealing to the eye. No real use.
This doesn't make it useless. I sit 5m away from my hifi when I'm listening, I still don't complain that my cd player has a display, my tape player has vu meters and my amp has lights on it.

They have their uses.

Wiim should have multiple version of this device to cater to those who want it and don’t want. Every features get added it drives the cost. Display which in my case I won’t use since I’m 15 feet away and 3.5 inch screen is tiny. Analog input, I don’t use those since I’m using nothing but digital. Only matters digital in/out usb and sub out.

Wiim should have multiple version of this device to cater to those who want it and don’t want. Every features get added it drives the cost. Display which in my case I won’t use since I’m 15 feet away and 3.5 inch screen is tiny. Analog input, I don’t use those since I’m using nothing but digital. Only matters digital in/out usb and sub out.
That would cost more than just launching one version with the display...

Are you being serious?
What about the next person who needs analogue in and a display, but doesn't use a subwoofer or WiFi for example?

Agree with the display comments.

Wiim Pro Plus as streamer + a Yamaha Amp A-S801 + KLH Model 5. the combo works well in the main living space, open space for kitchen, living room, dining room, room size ( 5 mts wide by 10 mts long), but to reveal the capability of the S801 and Klh Model 5 soundstage and detail, I feel the improvement on wiim Ultra streamear DAC will give so much bang for the money.

Combo works well, with few things lacking HDMI Arc, a bit more power from the Amp maybe up to 80 watts @ 8 ohms

On both Wiim devices Pro Plus and Amp
I would like for the subwoofer management on the app to have the two settings for the LFE. This is an important one for me:

Option 1: Cut LFE at crossover point on app and send the higher frequencies to the Main speakers, lower crossover frequency to the Subwoofer ( like is currently doing), not my preferred option. For user using smaller speakers.

Option 2: send LFE lower than crossover point to subwoofer, but keep full frequency range to both Main Speakers ( this is my preferred options, cause it allows for the full use of Full Range Speakers, but stills give the ability to reinforce Low Frequency with a subwoofer
AVR has those bass management feature. What I want to see is a sophisticated bass management similar setting on mini dsp. Mini dsp has heaven of tweaking you can use with many choice of such as butterworth, linkwitz Riley among other thing, delay, gain and separate high and low pass. This where I am willing to pay extra.

Are you being serious?
What about the next person who needs analogue in and a display, but doesn't use a subwoofer or WiFi for example?
All in one box paying for features that won’t be use or don’t want. It’s truly hard to satisfy every mind out there.

All in one box paying for features that won’t be use or don’t want. It’s truly hard to satisfy every mind out there.
It's impossible to please everyone and you're unlikely to find a device which has only the features you need and nothing else.
My AVR must have about 100 inputs/outputs/features/sound modes etc I will never use, but I still bought it because it has the features I need.

It's impossible to please everyone and you're unlikely to find a device which has only the features you need and nothing else.
My AVR must have about 100 inputs/outputs/features/sound modes etc I will never use, but I still bought it because it has the features I need.
Atlist wiim is on affordable side and features added it will eventually become revolutionary.

I use Wiim Mini currently with a Topping E50. Even if the DAC is not going to be better than E50 I’m still considering buying Wiim Ultra because of its form and the display. If the DAC is superior that will be a bonus.

Back