4.8.528649 firmware for Pro

It wiil if it’s ON.
This means I can turn it on and go about my business? And will it automatically update itself without my participation? Previously, I confirmed my consent to update the firmware!

This means I can turn it on and go about my business. And will it automatically update itself without my participation? Previously, I confirmed my consent to update the firmware!
The behavior varies. In the past I have noticed automatic updates. Several others required my acknowledgment. I do not know what triggers that.

The behavior varies. In the past I have noticed automatic updates. Several others required my acknowledgment. I do not know what triggers that.
Strange behavior. I understand that it should be the same... I was previously required to confirm consent to the firmware. It did not update itself automatically.

Strange behavior. I understand that it should be the same... I was previously required to confirm consent to the firmware. It did not update itself automatically.
I would prefer that behavior. Opt-In.

If you open the app before the automatic update starts, a confirmation screen will appear. Otherwise, it will be automatically updated without confirmation.

If you open the app before the automatic update starts, a confirmation screen will appear. Otherwise, it will be automatically updated without confirmation.
Everything has now become clear. Thank you.

What’s the default firmware update behavior for a device that is ON 24/7?

What’s the default firmware update behavior for a device that is ON 24/7?
I don't think there is any difference.

Automatic updates even during standby. Of course, it will not update with the power cable unplugged.

I am interested in hearing from those running this new firmware on WiiM Pro streamers out to an external DAC, re perceived sound quality. Focus on treble smoothness/detail, controlled sibilance, and soundstage improvement.

I am interested in hearing from those running this new firmware on WiiM Pro streamers out to an external DAC, re perceived sound quality. Focus on treble smoothness/detail, controlled sibilance, and soundstage improvement.
I can’t see how new firmware can change the WiiM‘s bit perfect output to an external DAC and impact its sound. Has something else changed in your setup?

I can’t see how new firmware can change the WiiM‘s bit perfect output to an external DAC and impact its sound. Has something else changed in your setup?
maybe just because I wasn't really... ;-)
see for example the effects of fade on off etc.
I didn't follow, was it removed? ( serious question :oops:)

maybe a little more now ? ;-)))

Setzt aber voraus, dass der interne DAC verwendet wird. Bit ist Bit und nichts anderes.

maybe just because I wasn't really... ;-)
see for example the effects of fade on off etc.
I didn't follow, was it removed? ( serious question :oops:)

maybe a little more now ? ;-)))
fade on-off recommendation to turn it on or off

my point was more "pedagogical" on this often very relative notion of "bit perfect" ;-)
(is the fade function really effective?)
No more fade effects with current FWs if it's disabled in settings.

my point was more "pedagogical" on this often very relative notion of "bit perfect" ;-)
(is the fade function really effective?)
Yeah, but you know the fade in effect whether on or off would make zero difference to the perceived effects that are being claimed, which to be are more likely properties of the external DAC‘s output, not the digital bitstream output from the WiiM over coax. I can’t see how the Wiim’s firmware could impact that unless it’s completely broken its bit perfect output and somehow applied the perceived sound quality changes.

Back