8/31

Hollywood, think of the Wiim as a receiver when you are wanting to play your local audio tracks stored in LMS. It receives the audio from LMS that you are controlling using material skin. That is all it does when using LMS (material skin). You never want to open it access Audio tracks stored on LMS from the Wiim app. You only will use material skin for this.

Now if you want to play another service such as Amazon music you simply stop the music on LMS using material skin and then open the Wiim app to access a different service such as Amazon. BUT anytime you want to listen to your local LMS music library stop whatever service you may have in the Wiim app (Amazon) and close Wiim or minimize it whatever (since it is no longer needed) and open material skin to play you local LMS audio library.

If you, like myself, only use LMS and the services it supports then you would never ever need to open the Wiim app to do that.

You really don't want the WHA to see your media on LMS, that's kind of backside forward. Ditch that thought and use the Material skin to play to the Wiim, don't use the WiiM Home app to pull tracks from LMS.
As I wrote I wanted to use WHA for it's Amazon Music support.

As it is, both WHA and Material Skin see ALL of my 6 players, so I would use WHA to play Amazon Music. For some reason the Amazon Music app on my Android phone only sees 2 of my 4 WiiMs and neither of my 2 Audiocast players. So only 2 of 6 players.

I don't want to sound needy or like an idiot, but I don't get why 2 of my WiiM Pros are seen by Amazon Music, but not the other Pro, mini, or 2 Audiocasts. I looked at the firmware. Of the 3 WiiM Pros, 2 have the same firmware (last digits 6344) and one has a different one (last digits 7364), but the Pro that Amazon Music does not see is NOT the one with the different firmware. It make no sense other then to throw me curve balls.

Material Skin is beautiful and works great, but lacks Amazon Music Support. I suppose I could ONLY use WHA for Amazon Music as the AM app does not see all of my players. Maybe a better solution is to switch to Qobuz as it has LMS support. Tidal HD seems pricey. Is the Qobuz experience in LMS/Material Skin a good one? Would you recommend Qobuz?

Thanks for all of your patience.

Maybe a better solution is to switch to Qobuz as it has LMS support. Tidal HD seems pricey. Is the Qobuz experience in LMS/Material Skin a good one? Would you recommend Qobuz?

Thanks for all of your patience.
never mind. I remember I tried to signup before. it took my info but did not start a subscription. The price on the webpage is $12.99/month. I had no indication it accepted or rejected my payment, but it did say Thank You. I then tried to logon to the Android app. It DID know my logon info (from registering on the webpage minutes before) and logged me in. It has a banner to "Unlock Limited Streaming". When I press that it wants payment, that I already put on the WEBPAGE application, and says after the trial, it is $15.29/month. Their webpage says $12.99/month and their app says $15.29.

This does not sound like a legit company.

never mind. I remember I tried to signup before. it took my info but did not start a subscription. The price on the webpage is $12.99/month. I had no indication it accepted or rejected my payment, but it did say Thank You. I then tried to logon to the Android app. It DID know my logon info (from registering on the webpage minutes before) and logged me in. It has a banner to "Unlock Limited Streaming". When I press that it wants payment, that I already put on the WEBPAGE application, and says after the trial, it is $15.29/month. Their webpage says $12.99/month and their app says $15.29.

It’s a very legit company but I’d guess the $12.99 a month is the pro-rata figure if you pay annually, while the $15.29 is perhaps if you pay month on month. However, it could also be that doing it thru the app is more expensive thru the app as Apple and Google want their cut for use of their App Store - I know Amazon Music suffers from that and that’s why I always advise subscribing thru a browser where there’s no additional charge. Also, in the case of Amazon Music, subscribing thru the app means you miss out on offers such as reduced cost if you’re a Prime customer

Re not all your WiiM devices being seen by the Amazon Music app, have you linked them all individually to Alexa in the WiiM Home app? If you have, do they all appear as devices in the Alexa app as that’s a prerequisite for them to support AlexaCast which the Amazon Music app requires.

Also, I think this is the first time you mention your AudioCast speakers - what are they? The WiiM devices are, I think, still unique in the market in allowing bit perfect casting from the Amazon Music app up to 24/192, so perhaps it’s not surprising the Amazon Music app can’t see them.

Edit: just googled AudioCast and it looks like they don’t support Amazon Music, so the best you could do is replace them with a WiiM mini or Pro. LMS probably sees them as the UPNPBridge plugin is picking them up as they’re DLNA compliant - same for WHA.

Last edited:

There is a difference in price between the app and the webpage as Apple and Google have to take their cut. For example, on my Apple iPhone, Tidal Hifi is £10.99 on the web page and £13.99 on the app.

It’s a very legit company but I’d guess the $12.99 a month is the pro-rata figure if you pay annually, while the $15.29 is perhaps if you pay month on month. However, it could also be that doing it thru the app is more expensive thru the app as Apple and Google want their cut for use of their App Store - I know Amazon Music suffers from that and that’s why I always advise subscribing thru a browser where there’s no additional charge. Also, in the case of Amazon Music, subscribing thru the app means you miss out on offers such as reduced cost if you’re a Prime customer
I forgot that I tried a free trial previously. That time and yesterday I entered my info including credit card. It asked for the usual stuff like expiration, security code, and zip code, but also asked for Street. Is that the street name, with or with out the street number? with or without the suffix St, Ct, Ave, etc? Whatever plan I tried, I was not billed on my CC website for even a hold or the $1 it said might happen, and the Qobuz account tab does not show a plan is assigned (yearly or monthly with a 30 day free trial).

The final result was I pressed the key to accept and it thanked me for signing up, but then just stayed on that screen. Like I said, it accepted at least my logon info because I was able to logon to the app. The web based signup was $10.83/month (yearly pay) or $12.99/month (monthly pay). When on the app it prompted me to start my free trial for 30 days and then $15.99/month.

So first it accepted my registration and payment, ...or did it? If I made an error like in the "street", it did not indicate so. Since it didn't seem to assign a plan, it asked me to choose (just one choice) a plan for $15.99/month although the website I signed up on was much cheaper.

Yea, I kindda remember why I gave up a few months ago. After googling my issue, I see a lot of suggestions to use virtual credit card numbers because of similar conflicts.

I don't want to sound needy or like an idiot, but I don't get why 2 of my WiiM Pros are seen by Amazon Music, but not the other Pro, mini, or 2 Audiocasts. I looked at the firmware. Of the 3 WiiM Pros, 2 have the same firmware (last digits 6344) and one has a different one (last digits 7364), but the Pro that Amazon Music does not see is NOT the one with the different firmware. It make no sense other then to throw me curve balls.
Are all players using the same WiFi SSID ?

Are all players using the same WiFi SSID ?
I am going to expand this as I have seen this issue myself.
For historical reasons I have more than one SSID in play - SSID1 and SSID2 - they used to represent the WAP in question but both connect to the same LAN / same subnet. Most devices can see everything they are supposed to see on the network.
However some seem to be dependent on the SSID as the "control" for what they can see.
Both my WiiM's and WHA are on SSID1 and can see everything.
A couple of my Echo Dots are on SSID2. Although the Alexa app can see them and they work in the usual way they can't currently be used in conjunction with a WiiM. I shall be moving them to SSID1 and will confirm in due course.

Not sure if that matters for the Amazon Music app - it is more account driven.
It shouldn't but I think it does in the case of Echo/WiiM.
In my comment above the WHA can see my Dots on SSID2 and Alexa App can also see the WiiMs but I can't add the WiiMs to the Dot group

I am going to expand this as I have seen this issue myself.
For historical reasons I have more than one SSID in play - SSID1 and SSID2 - they used to represent the WAP in question but both connect to the same LAN / same subnet. Most devices can see everything they are supposed to see on the network.
However some seem to be dependent on the SSID as the "control" for what they can see.
Both my WiiM's and WHA are on SSID1 and can see everything.
A couple of my Echo Dots are on SSID2. Although the Alexa app can see them and they work in the usual way they can't currently be used in conjunction with a WiiM. I shall be moving them to SSID1 and will confirm in due course.

What do you mean re “in conjunction with a Wiim” - multi room music? That does require the same SSID, but as I say, I’m not sure that impacts the Amazon Music app itself.

What do you mean re “in conjunction with a Wiim” - multi room music? That does require the same SSID, but as I say, I’m not sure that impacts the Amazon Music app itself.
Not multi-room but using Alexa to control a specific WiiM which is a similar mechanism to multi-room.
The choice of SSID seems to affect the situation when it shouldn't.

Not multi-room but using Alexa to control a specific WiiM which is a similar mechanism to multi-room.
The choice of SSID seems to affect the situation when it shouldn't.
Still not with you re ”control” - what are you asking Alexa to do with the WiiM that has issues?

I have a few echos dotted about the place, some on my 2gHz SSID and others on my 5gHZ SSID (partly just through laziness/ location) and all appear in the Amazon Music app as cast targets.

Still not with you re ”control” - what are you asking Alexa to do with the WiiM that has issues?

I have a few echos dotted about the place, some on my 2gHz SSID and others on my 5gHZ SSID (partly just through laziness/ location) and all appear in the Amazon Music app as cast targets.
Not 2.4 vs 5 but different SSIDs

Example
"Living Room" in Alexa contains a Dot on SSID2, attempt to add WiiM (SSID1) results in "network error"
"Another Room" in Alexa contains a Dot on SSID1, attempt to add WiiM (SSID1) no problem.

Not 2.4 vs 5 but different SSIDs

Example
"Living Room" in Alexa contains a Dot on SSID2, attempt to add WiiM (SSID1) results in "network error"
"Another Room" in Alexa contains a Dot on SSID1, attempt to add WiiM (SSID1) no problem.
Not come across that - the only reason I can think of is that you can’t add an echo/Alexa device to a device group if it’s already in another device group, but your example doesn’t suggest that.

For clarity, you are just trying to add it to a device group, not as another device in a device group preferred speaker setting which is really multi room by the back door?

I forgot that I tried a free trial previously.
Have you tried logging into the Qobuz plugin with your credentials? I don't have an active account currently but I'm still able to browse around the interface and play samples.

At the very least it will give you an idea of the interface, which is necessarily a compromise, although very functional considering!

Last edited:
Not come across that - the only reason I can think of is that you can’t add an echo/Alexa device to a device group if it’s already in another device group, but your example doesn’t suggest that.

For clarity, you are just trying to add it to a device group, not as another device in a device group preferred speaker setting which is really multi room by the back door?
I have just tried it again and actually it works but afterwards the Alexa app reports there is a Network Error

Back