Adding internet radio stations to Open Network Stream

audiobliss

Major Contributor
Hi,
Just bought the Pro last Saturday, and still going through the learning curve. This is one of my last issues I hope someone can help me with.
I have been trying to add internet stations in open network stream. I only have three I want to add and I have only been able to get one to work, the Jazz Groove.org, and I am not sure if it's because they give a dedicated URL on their site to stream from.

With the others however, I have put in their URLs every possible way, it looks like it's playing on the app, but nothing from the Pro. The stations are KSDS88.3 FM, and KCSM Jazz91.
I even went to FMStream.org , I saw recommended in another tread, and got the URLs from there, but still no go.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Hi,
Just bought the Pro last Saturday, and still going through the learning curve. This is one of my last issues I hope someone can help me with.
I have been trying to add internet stations in open network stream. I only have three I want to add and I have only been able to get one to work, the Jazz Groove.org, and I am not sure if it's because they give a dedicated URL on their site to stream from.

With the others however, I have put in their URLs every possible way, it looks like it's playing on the app, but nothing from the Pro. The stations are KSDS88.3 FM, and KCSM Jazz91.
I even went to FMStream.org , I saw recommended in another tread, and got the URLs from there, but still no go.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

I usually find url on pc on Firefox browser left to the address where 🔒 sign is and then connection secure (no secure)options and then more information and media you have site info for audio,pic or video,but in same time radio station must play.

Last edited:
A couple of hi-resolution jazz streams that you might enjoy... both are 24bit/96khz and streaming at approx 1200kbps:

1 - Super Stereo Hi-Res Jazz - Chile: http://198.204.228.202:8030/flac7
2 - City Radio Jazz - Chile: http://cityradio.ddns.net:8000/cityradio48flac

I don't know what's with Chile, but they seem to have a plethora of internet radio streams in uncompressed flac these days!
Thanks for that.
Super Stereo is rather nice and plying via LMS it has full cover art and metadata. Nice

@d6jg
Not wanting to complicate thinks anymore, but could you explain what LMS is and if it's available on the Wiim? Thanks.

@d6jg
Not wanting to complicate thinks anymore, but could you explain what LMS is and if it's available on the Wiim? Thanks.
LMS is Logitech Media Server but it is no longer anything to do with Logitech. It is now Open Source.
It is server software that can be run on a machine in your network which will play locally stored music, music from streaming services (except Amazon & Apple), Radio Paradise, BBC Sounds etc as well as a vast array of Internet Radio stataions.
LMS has its own proprietory players which were manufactured by Logitech
There are also software players e.g. Raspberry Pi running "squeezelite" and a number of thrid party manufactured player devices.
Latterly Airplay, Chromecast and UPnP devices can be converted into LMS players via plugins. The WiiM Mini & Pro can be converted in this way.

LMS is not a UPnP server in the same way that say Minimserver or Asset UPnP are. It is a different beast using a different protocol. It has been around for years and is still actively developed. LMS is one of the few music servers that is fully capable of multi player sync.

If you have heard of Roon then LMS would be considered a viable alternative as it does much the same but for zero licence cost.
It does take some setting up but some clever people keep adding new stuff - which is how the coverart and metadata is there for Super Stereo 7 Jazz.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
I think I will just stick with the Wiim App :(

Thanks for that.
Super Stereo is rather nice and plying via LMS it has full cover art and metadata. Nice
Glad you like it.
1 - "FMStream.org", a browser directory and player, does a nice job of listing internet radio streams and their complete streaming addresses, everything from low res 32kbps aac to 320kbps mp3 and aac streams... also some wma and flac streams (I wish TuneIn provided that kind of detail).
2 - However, if you want to focus ONLY on high resolution radio streams, check out Hi Res Audio Online at " ". They do a superb job of keeping an updated list of strictly lossless internet radio streams and provide url addresses as well.

Glad you like it.
1 - "FMStream.org", a browser directory and player, does a nice job of listing internet radio streams and their complete streaming addresses, everything from low res 32kbps aac to 320kbps mp3 and aac streams... also some wma and flac streams (I wish TuneIn provided that kind of detail).
2 - However, if you want to focus ONLY on high resolution radio streams, check out Hi Res Audio Online at " ". They do a superb job of keeping an updated list of strictly lossless internet radio streams and provide url addresses as well.
Thanks.
I’m not a big radio listener tbh although I do like Radio Paradise and Jazz stations that stream in Ogg FLAC.
My listening generally starts off with a local album ripped in Flac and then if I don’t add to the playlist I let LMS do it’s clever stuff. It curates a focused mix based on what I was playing sourced from both my local library and from Qobuz and just keeps adding until I take over.
Super Stereo 7 Jazz borked on me a couple of times today after you had posted.

Not forgetting KUVO, of course! NPR, so no ads (well, not many). 128k AAC.

A couple of hi-resolution jazz streams that you might enjoy... both are 24bit/96khz and streaming at approx 1200kbps:

1 - Super Stereo Hi-Res Jazz - Chile: http://198.204.228.202:8030/flac7
2 - City Radio Jazz - Chile: http://cityradio.ddns.net:8000/cityradio48flac

I don't know what's with Chile, but they seem to have a plethora of internet radio streams in uncompressed flac these days!
For some reason I can only get 24/96 radio stations to play 16/96 these included.

Agreed...KUVO has outstanding Jazz programming and sounds really good at 128kbps aac+. Yet, this is a perfect example of what needs to be fixed in the WiiM home app. Try accessing KUVO using either TuneIn or vTuner in the WiiM app, and you will automatically connect to KUVO's crappy 64kbps mp3 stream... No other choice and no way to access the higher quality stream that way... TuneIn and vTuner make that (stupid) decision for you. Thankfully, we can get the high quality stream address via fmstream.org or radio browser info.com and use the open network stream option in the Wiim app. The WiiM development team indicated long ago they would introduce a feature whereby we could intelligently choose our own stream preference within the app. Has this been forgotten with all of the bug fixes they are working on these days?

Back