Adding second android device to control Wiim Pro

JVN01

Hi there I have a new Wiim Pro working fine on my wifi network using Pixel 7 phone to control and stream music. However when I try to connect my Huawei tablet to the Wiim (after installing the Wiim app) it just gets stuck on the 'Searching for your device' page and never finds my Wiim Pro.

Both devices and the Wiim are connected to the same wifi network, both on 2.4GHz (the tablet only supports 2.4 so I have made sure the phone and Wiim and tablet are all on 2.4)

Any advice very welcome so I can control my Wiim with the tablet!

Hi there I have a new Wiim Pro working fine on my wifi network using Pixel 7 phone to control and stream music. However when I try to connect my Huawei tablet to the Wiim (after installing the Wiim app) it just gets stuck on the 'Searching for your device' page and never finds my Wiim Pro.

Both devices and the Wiim are connected to the same wifi network, both on 2.4GHz (the tablet only supports 2.4 so I have made sure the phone and Wiim and tablet are all on 2.4)

Any advice very welcome so I can control my Wiim with the tablet!
I use my tablet and my phone. Both are Samsung. Just letting you know two devices are not an issue.

Can't get it to connect to a second phone device either (Huawei Mate 20 Pro).. stupid question but what do I need to do to connect a second device to an existing Wiim Pro? Do I need to run thru the setup process again, or should the second mobile device just see it immediately at soon as I run the app for the first time on the second device? Right now it's just stuck on the "searching for your device" screen.... Wiim still works fine on original device (Pixel7)...

Can't get it to connect to a second phone device either (Huawei Mate 20 Pro).. stupid question but what do I need to do to connect a second device to an existing Wiim Pro? Do I need to run thru the setup process again, or should the second mobile device just see it immediately at soon as I run the app for the first time on the second device? Right now it's just stuck on the "searching for your device" screen.... Wiim still works fine on original device (Pixel7)...
It should see it if it’s on the same wifi network/SSID without having to set it up again - I have the Wiim app on several devices and they can all see my mini and Pro.

When the app is launched on a device for the first time the setup pops up. But at the end the WiiM device will be found. No action is required on the WiiM device.

Mine started working eventually, I guess they fixed the firmware quietly but now it works on my tablet and my phone. Interestingly the tablet is 2.4GHz only, but still works even when wiim is set to 5GHz only

Mine started working eventually, I guess they fixed the firmware quietly but now it works on my tablet and my phone. Interestingly the tablet is 2.4GHz only, but still works even when wiim is set to 5GHz only
Great, thanks for the information.

Yes, it must be irrelevant to the way devices are connected to A home LAN as long as it is the same LAN.

Great, thanks for the information.

Yes, it must be irrelevant to the way devices are connected to A home LAN as long as it is the same LAN.
Yeah, as above they must have quietly fixed it as I’m sure early on if your phone wasn’t on the same SSID as the WiiM device it wouldn’t find it.

Well after I sorted out the Amazon connection problem the searches where I have played an album they appear on either my iPhone or Samsung tablet, depending on which I used, and always did before I had the issue with the Wiim Pro. I still do not understand why it has not synchronised all of my previous searches that I have on my iPhone over to my Samsung tablet though. I am corresponding with Wiim on this.

Well after I sorted out the Amazon connection problem the searches where I have played an album they appear on either my iPhone or Samsung tablet, depending on which I used, and always did before I had the issue with the Wiim Pro. I still do not understand why it has not synchronised all of my previous searches that I have on my iPhone over to my Samsung tablet though. I am corresponding with Wiim on this.
Unless the searches were previously stored on the device itself, as I said, the lack of an account structure would suggest synchronization wouldn’t be possible. It’ll be interesting to see how WiiM respond

I misrepresented what I was saying before inasmuch, that regardless of whether I use my iPhone or my Samsung tablet to search and play an album it will appear on both devices while it's playing, however, as you are saying, it only appears on the recent searches on the device that I actually searched for the album.

I misrepresented what I was saying before inasmuch, that regardless of whether I use my iPhone or my Samsung tablet to search and play an album it will appear on both devices while it's playing, however, as you are saying, it only appears on the recent searches on the device that I actually searched for the album.
Thanks for letting us know - hope you’re enjoying your WiiM devices and more importantly the music. Cheers :)

Back