Alarm Clock for WiiM Mini/Pro to stop all music playback

timmo

Major Contributor
Hi - is there a way to setup an Alarm Clock in with WiiM app (for both Mini and Pro) so that I can set both units to stop all music playback at a certain time (e.g. 2am)? Sometimes I forget to stop/pause music playing and find out the next day it’s been streaming non-stop from a music service. I would like to prevent this from happening by setting a daily alarm clock. Thanks!

Is the duration setting not working well?
(I may not understand your purpose)

Is the duration setting not working well?
(I may not understand your purpose)
Hmmm.. maybe that’s a feature I’m not aware of? Basically I would like to set both my WiiMs to stop all music playback at the same time everyday (in case I forget to manually stop/pause the music). Maybe it’s there and I’m just missing how to do it? Thanks.

**EDIT**
The key thing is to STOP music, not play something using the Alarm Clock.

That feature is available in Alexa and Google home, but only on limited streaming services. I think it is a function that WHA does not have.

If you have a Wiim Remote, you can use its IR signal to automatically control Wiim on and off. But in this case, you need some smart devices.

Last edited:
That feature is available in Alexa and Google home, but only on limited streaming services. I think it is a function that WHA does not have.

If you have a Wiim Remote, you can use its IR signal to automatically control Wiim on and off. But in this case, you need some smart devices.
I have lots of smart devices :) (too many). I also have WiiM Remote, but I don’t understand how that would work to set an alarm clock-type function to auto-stop at the same time every day (e.g. at 2am) for each device (regardless of what source/streaming service is playing).

Can WiiM maybe add this feature to the roadmap for the Alarm Clock function for both Mini and Pro? I’m thinking that’s where this should go unless I am missing some feature that would accomplish this. Thanks.

In my case, I use Amazon music.

I have set up "routines" in the Alexa app to automatically control how music plays and stops at scheduled times.

Set Routines > Actions > Device Settings > Stop Audio > Select Device

Sorry, I'm a Japan person, so it's difficult to explain how to operate the Alexa app in English.

I have set up "routines" in the Alexa app to automatically control how music plays and stops at scheduled times.

Sorry, I'm a Japan person, so it's difficult to explain how to operate the Alexa app in English.
Ahhh… I see what you’re saying… great suggestion! Will try it … I just created the following routine:

1690251359745.png

And you’re English is good… I had no idea you weren’t natively speaking :) Thanks for the suggestion.

Ahhh… I see what you’re saying… great suggestion! Will try it … I just created the following routine:

View attachment 1538

And you’re English is good… I had no idea you weren’t natively speaking :) Thanks for the suggestion.
As you may know, the routines you create can be tried out right away.

Just open the list of routines and tap the play icon on the right.IMG_20230725_121058.jpg

As you may know, the routines you create can be tried out right away.

Just open the list of routines and tap the play icon on the right.View attachment 1539
Thanks for this suggestion! Was just going to wait til tomorrow to see if it worked. Unfortunately it’s not working for me when I hit the play routine button to test it out now with my WiiM Pro unit. What’s interesting is when I hit the play routine button, the music fades out then fades back in and continues to play. Not sure why it would do that? I wonder if it only works with certain services (using Radio Paradise for this at the moment where it’s not working as expected).

That feature may only work with music services that Alexa can control, such as Amazon music or Spotify. I've only tried AMU.

Another way.
You can use an IR smart device like Switchbot to control the WiiM remote with Alexa. Specifically, you can create a "scene" in your SwitchBot app and add it to your actions in Alexa routines.

> What’s interesting is when I hit the play routine button, the music fades out then fades back in and continues to play. Not sure why it would do that?

It may be because Alexa sent an invalid action to WiiM. I don't know..

Good suggestion, but I’m not sure that the WiiM devices support that - I have a bedtime routines that turns off everything, but I seldom use my WiiM devices late in the day, it’s normally tv I’d be watching.

However, you could alternatively use a routine to play something at that time of night, either a very short silent track which will naturally stop when finished, or simply play anything using a music&podcast play action using its duration setting to limit how much longer it’ll play audio. That might work instead.

Thanks for this suggestion! Was just going to wait til tomorrow to see if it worked. Unfortunately it’s not working for me when I hit the play routine button to test it out now with my WiiM Pro unit. What’s interesting is when I hit the play routine button, the music fades out then fades back in and continues to play. Not sure why it would do that? I wonder if it only works with certain services (using Radio Paradise for this at the moment where it’s not working as expected).

I found a way to stop the music using WHA's alarm function.
(This is not a perfect solution).

Just select "Line in" the alarm setting "Music". At 2 o'clock, the WiiM's input switches to Line in and the music stops.

However, you have to switch inputs every time you listen to music.😅IMG_20230725_164234.jpg

Back