Alarm Clock for WiiM Mini/Pro to stop all music playback

Why not just use a smart plug with a routine to switch on and off when ever you want. No chance of anything playing if the WiiM has no power.

Why not just use a smart plug with a routine to switch on and off when ever you want. No chance of anything playing if the WiiM has no power.
At least, I won't be angry, but I'm worried that it will shorten the life of the WiiM.

I use smart plugs for electric blankets to warm my bed before going to bed, but I don't dare to use smart plugs for expensive audio.
(Whether WiiM is expensive or not is another debate)

I'm not an audio or electrical expert, I'm just a timid old man.🙂

At least, I won't be angry, but I'm worried that it will shorten the life of the WiiM.

I use smart plugs for electric blankets to warm my bed before going to bed, but I don't dare to use smart plugs for expensive audio.
(Whether WiiM is expensive or not is another debate)

I'm not an audio or electrical expert, I'm just a timid old man.🙂
It's usually recommended to switch of all electrical appliances at night to save electricity when they are in standby mode including TV'S, satellite / streaming boxes etc. I have a WiiM mini that I use as a portable streamer with a Bluetooth speaker which is always being turned on and off with no apparent detriment.

> What’s interesting is when I hit the play routine button, the music fades out then fades back in and continues to play. Not sure why it would do that?

It may be because Alexa sent an invalid action to WiiM. I don't know..
That makes sense … I tried all the services (except Amazon Music cause I don’t normally use that one) and the same behavior happened (i.e. wouldn’t stop playing)

I found a way to stop the music using WHA's alarm function.
(This is not a perfect solution).

Just select "Line in" the alarm setting "Music". At 2 o'clock, the WiiM's input switches to Line in and the music stops.

However, you have to switch inputs every time you listen to music.😅View attachment 1548
I like this solution… I’ll give it a go! I don’t mind switching inputs as I switch inputs all the time depending on what I’m doing.

I like this solution… I’ll give it a go! I don’t mind switching inputs as I switch inputs all the time depending on what I’m doing.
I just tried it and doesn’t seem to work for me. The music is still playing, unless I need to wait 24 hours :)

1690299370995.png

I set it up at ~10.20am for a 10.30am alarm to switch inputs, and the music is still playing right now. I’ll see what happens tomorrow morning.

I just tried it and doesn’t seem to work for me. The music is still playing, unless I need to wait 24 hours :)

View attachment 1555

I set it up at ~10.20am for a 10.30am alarm to switch inputs, and the music is still playing right now. I’ll see what happens tomorrow morning.
That's weird, isn't it?

Did the WiiM input switch to Line in at the alarm set time (10:30)?

In my tests, I was able to confirm that WHA switches from Ethernet to Line in at the set time.

Just to be sure, did you tap "done" at the top right of that settings screen to save your alarm?

That's weird, isn't it?

Did the WiiM input switch to Line in at the alarm set time (10:30)?

In my tests, I was able to confirm that WHA switches from Ethernet to Line in at the set time.
The input didn’t switch to Line In … stayed at Ethernet and it continued playing Radio Paradise on WiiM Pro unit. Here’s my setup:

1690300545344.png
1690300591478.png
1690300632690.png

And yes, I did hit Done to save my alarm before. Above is screenshot of alarm that was set. Not sure what I’m doing wrong, unless there is a 24-hour wait or something for the alarm to actually kick in.

The input didn’t switch to Line In … stayed at Ethernet and it continued playing Radio Paradise on WiiM Pro unit. Here’s my setup:

View attachment 1556
View attachment 1557
View attachment 1558

And yes, I did hit Done to save my alarm before. Above is screenshot of alarm that was set. Not sure what I’m doing wrong, unless there is a 24-hour wait or something for the alarm to actually kick in.
If your time permits, set another alarm to make sure the music plays on time (Alarm operation test) . The alarm setting time is OK after 2 minutes.

And...
You may also have a problem with your Alexa app routines not working (it may be due to a problem with your tablet's settings).
Create a new (simple) routine and test it in action.

If your time permits, set another alarm to make sure the music plays on time (Alarm operation test) . The alarm setting time is OK after 2 minutes.

And...
You may also have a problem with your Alexa app routines not working (it may be due to a problem with your tablet's settings).
Create a new (simple) routine and test it in action.
As an IT Professional :) I decided to reboot my Pro unit and set another new alarm. It worked! :)

1690303427539.png

So maybe that’s what it was … just needed to clear out the cobwebs. Thanks for hanging in there with me!

Restarting is the basics of the basics. I forgot about it. 😅

By the way, if the input switching alarm is successful, you do not need to switch the input to Ethernet the next morning. Presumably, when you play Radio Paradise, the input will automatically switch to Ethernet.😉

congratulations

Restarting is the basics of the basics. I forgot about it. 😅

By the way, if the input switching alarm is successful, you do not need to switch the input to Ethernet the next morning. Presumably, when you play Radio Paradise, the input will automatically switch to Ethernet.😉

congratulations
You read my mind … I was JUST about to complain even more until I saw your post, causing y’all to run far far FAR away from me (and I wouldn’t blame any of you if you did) 🤣 It’s not as fast/intuitive to change the Input back to Ethernet (whereas it is very fast and intuitive to change the Output in the UI), so I was trying to set a new alarm to change Input back to Ethernet (and it’s not there). BUT ... with what you state above, that appears to be true that I can just re-select my music and it does switch automatically back to Ethernet… so … I guess I gotta be happy with that.

So MAYBE I’m happy now … 😬

The Alarm Clock isn’t working anymore for Pro, even though I have 2 separate daily alarms to switch input to Line In. I even rebooted the Pro and waited for the next alarm to kick-off and it didn‘t switch inputs. Doesn’t seem like the Alarm Clock function is very stable? Curious if anyone else that uses it may have stability issues with it actually working consistently. Or maybe its troublesome under certain use cases (e.g. input switching).

I'll also try to test the alarm today. Before that, I want to check with you. Do you have multiple alarms set at the same time?

If so, try shifting the set time by 1 minute. Also, create another spare alarm in case the first alarm does not go off.

For example:
WiiM Mini alarm settings:
1:58, Line in, everyday
2:00, Line in, everyday

WiiM Pro:
1:59, Line in, everyday
2:01, Line in, everyday

And turn off (or delete) any Alexa routines you previously created.

If these are not the solution, you may need a support ticket.🤔

Do you have multiple alarms set at the same time?
I do not - they are 1 hour apart

Also, create another spare alarm in case the first alarm does not go off.
Done - I added a 3rd new alarm after the 1st two originals:

1690501421839.png

And turn off (or delete) any Alexa routines you previously created.
Done

Thanks for help - let’s see what happens (and I’m gonna reboot it one more time)

All three alarms I set on the Pro worked just fine. The three alarms were set after 2, 3, and 4 hours, respectively, when the input switched to Line-in and the Pro's LED lit green.

In your case, there may be a problem with your device, app settings, or network.

I don't know if this is related to your problem, but you should also make sure that the settings in "WHA Device Settings > Speaker info > Audio prompts Laungage" match your country.

Factory reset WiiM
Uninstall the app
Restart your router
These are also worth trying.

Sorry, I don't have any other solution. Submit a support ticket.

Back