Amazon HD Unlimited in WIIM home app -only playlists A-C

Rcharlton66

Using Amazon within the home app.. either with my mini or pro, my playlists don’t fully populate as they would natively on the Amazon music app. I can only scroll down until I get into “c” (alphabetically speaking). How can I get it to work so the rest show up. This makes it a pain, as I use my playlists (A-Z) as a primary navigation technique

I can do the work around and cast out of the native Amazon app to the WIIM, but I’m uncertain it’s at full HD/ultra hd, because the bitrate quality isn’t displayed..

Any help would be appreciated.

Using Amazon within the home app.. either with my mini or pro, my playlists don’t fully populate as they would natively on the Amazon music app. I can only scroll down until I get into “c” (alphabetically speaking). How can I get it to work so the rest show up. This makes it a pain, as I use my playlists (A-Z) as a primary navigation technique

I can do the work around and cast out of the native Amazon app to the WIIM, but I’m uncertain it’s at full HD/ultra hd, because the bitrate quality isn’t displayed..

Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry, no idea why you can only see some playlists within wiim app.

However
Wiim app, Browse, Music Services, Amazon Alexa, sign in.
Device menu, Settings, Amazon Alexa Settings, enable Amazon Music HD/UHD
Then cast from Amazon app.
I think the wiim now playing screen should show the sample rate / bit depth when casting.
For the pro, make sure you are using the 'round' cast icon (alexacast) rather than the 'square' icon (chromecast).

Sorry, no idea why you can only see some playlists within wiim app.

However
Wiim app, Browse, Music Services, Amazon Alexa, sign in.
Device menu, Settings, Amazon Alexa Settings, enable Amazon Music HD/UHD
Then cast from Amazon app.
I think the wiim now playing screen should show the sample rate / bit depth when casting.
For the pro, make sure you are using the 'round' cast icon (alexacast) rather than the 'square' icon (chromecast).
Thanks for the reply. Yeah. That’s the work around I use to get the native Amazon Music navigation use. I see the “now playing on WIIM mini” but that’s it. No bitrate quality info is displayed. (I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro Max w/Amazon Music app)

If you've done all those steps then you ought to be getting the stream at whatever sample rate the source is.
Does it matter that you can't see a high number? Does it stop you enjoying the music?
:D

I see your point. Probably my own quirky comfort thing. Although it’s been widely published it’s unusual to hear anything better than red book cd quality, I do find comfort knowing what bitrate my tracks are playing at.

For Alexacast, the Amazon Music app doesn't show the bitrate. The Wiim Home app displays the bitrate like this. Also, if your WiiM pro is connected to a DAC, you can check the bitrate on the DAC display.

I think the number of playlists you could get with the WiiM Home app was up to 500.IMG_20230508_115848.jpg

For Alexacast, the Amazon Music app doesn't show the bitrate. The Wiim Home app displays the bitrate like this. Also, if your WiiM pro is connected to a DAC, you can check the bitrate on the DAC display.

I think the number of playlists you could get with the WiiM Home app was up to 500.View attachment 805
Right. Through the WIIM app shows me the same. If I cast through native Amazon app, I can select WIIM as the device. But bitrate isn’t displayed like that. I guess it is what it is. I can live fine without it. Still love my WIIMs and more than worth a couple nuances

I see your point. Probably my own quirky comfort thing. Although it’s been widely published it’s unusual to hear anything better than red book cd quality, I do find comfort knowing what bitrate my tracks are playing at.
That may be true for non/pre WiiM kit such as Heos/Denon/Marantz, Yamaha etc (in fact I’m not sure it’s even CD quality, just lossy SD) where they use an Alexa skill to enable AlexaCast and Alexa control, but WiiM users and the WiiM app can confirm that WiiM devices, probably uniquely, do support bit perfect casting from Amazon Music up to 24/192 UHD. I’m confused that you can’t see that information in the WiiM Home app now playing screen - check that your app is up to date as that has long been a supported feature for both the Mini and Pro.

Nope. I must be hitting some kind of numerical limit.. maybe a bug fix will be in the pipeline at some point
Limits such as that (e.g. 150 or 200 list entries) are restrictions in the Amazon Music API that WiiM uses and I recall WiiM saying that Amazon have no intention of changing it. I’m surprised though that you’re hitting a limit in the A-C range - how many playlists fall into that category? If you can’t scroll to see some playlists, you still should be able to search for them.

Given WiiM supports bit perfect casting, perhaps you should use the amazon music app itself. However, if you are hitting that limit using the Amazon Music app, and not just the WiiM app, then I’d report that to Amazon - it’s not been unknown for such arbitrary limits to appear although in my experience that sort of thing more often occurs when shuffling tracks and is a glitch/bug with Amazon Music and/or your account that Amazon needs to resolve.

I see the bitrate when I run through the WIIM home app. I don’t when I cast through the Amazon music app.. the playlist limitation I’m seeing seems to be an Amazon issue. It’s not a biggie, but it would be nice to scroll through my entire list of playlists.

Just to confirm what I think I’ve read.. when casting from the Amazon native app, and selecting the WIIM device, although bitrate doesn’t display, I should assume it’s playing hi rez tracks at the full bitrate. For example 24/192?

When you cast from the Amazon Music app to a WiiM device, while the Amazon Music app doesn’t show the bit depth, sample rate nor bitrate, thé WiiM Home app will show that info even though the stream was started from the Amazon Music app. You don’t need to initiate the stream from the WiiM Home app to see it.

Back