Amazon music cast in Poland

kevinek

Major Contributor
Hi!
Does "amazon music cast" option means it will be possible to stream directly from amazin muic app like to Chromecast? If yes will it be hi-res?

Amazon music app doesnt see wiim mini. The only way I know is to use alexa app which is useless.
I can assure you it does, I’m doing that just now. Casting from the Amazon Music app uses AlexaCast, so you need to link your WiiM to Alexa in the WiiM app I.e. log in to your Amazon/Alexa account in the alexa section of the Wiim app

I can assure you it does, I’m doing that just now. Casting from the Amazon Music app uses AlexaCast, so you need to link your WiiM to Alexa in the WiiM app I.e. log in to your Amazon/Alexa account in the alexa section of the Wiim app
Ive done it already and the only app that sees wiim is alexa app. Amazon music sees only chromecast. Maybe You can help me.

Screenshots from alexa app and amazon app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-06-11-02-29-001_com.amazon.mp3.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-06-11-02-29-001_com.amazon.mp3.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2022-11-06-11-02-22-022_com.amazon.dee.app.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-06-11-02-22-022_com.amazon.dee.app.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2022-11-06-11-02-00-303_com.amazon.dee.app.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-06-11-02-00-303_com.amazon.dee.app.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 12
I found this information on the Internet: "Unfortunately, Polish Alexa devices are operated by amazon.com, and the application for Polish subscription is looking for on amazon.co.uk. At the moment, probably the only solution is to set a wrong address from the UK, which will allow you to transfer devices on amazon.co.uk. " What can I do?

I found this information on the Internet: "Unfortunately, Polish Alexa devices are operated by amazon.com, and the application for Polish subscription is looking for on amazon.co.uk. At the moment, probably the only solution is to set a wrong address from the UK, which will allow you to transfer devices on amazon.co.uk. " What can I do?
A compatriot of yours faced this issue in the main audiosciencereview thread, which was down to the regional issues you found - see this and earlier comments for the solution they used

Post in thread 'WiiM Mini Streamer'
https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wiim-mini-streamer.31182/post-1282515

Problem is I am using also polish amazon.pl for shoping and prime for video. So I cant change everything to UK location... Is there another option?

BTW, maybe admin could move our thread to new one and also answer any possible solution for that issue apart from messing with location settings.

Problem is I am using also polish amazon.pl for shoping and prime for video. So I cant change everything to UK location... Is there another option?
I don’t think @onlyoneme touched their .pl account, just the .com account that Alexa was pointing to. Perhaps you can ask them on the audiosciencereview forum or PM them there, I’m sure they’ll be able to help you out personally. Powodzenia ;)

Hi!
Does "amazon music cast" option means it will be possible to stream directly from amazin muic app like to Chromecast? If yes will it be hi-res?

If you're looking to stream to the WiiM itself then yes to both but you mention Chromecast, if you're looking to use the built in Chromecast of the WiiM it'll depend if you're using iOS or Android as Apple doesn't play with Chromecast but Android does and Chromecast is CD quality but no higher.
It's not quite clear exactly what you're trying to do and maybe you want to Multiroom it with other Chromecast devices you already have, if not and you're just looking to cast to a single device you're probably just better off casting to the WiiM itself.

If you're looking to stream to the WiiM itself then yes to both but you mention Chromecast, if you're looking to use the built in Chromecast of the WiiM it'll depend if you're using iOS or Android as Apple doesn't play with Chromecast but Android does and Chromecast is CD quality but no higher.
It's not quite clear exactly what you're trying to do and maybe you want to Multiroom it with other Chromecast devices you already have, if not and you're just looking to cast to a single device you're probably just better off casting to the WiiM itself.
The issue being faced is due to regional issues with Alexa and amazon music for Polish users, not multiroom nor Chromecast etc. See the link I provided above where I and a few others discussed this with @onlyoneme a while back in the asr forum and where he/we arrived at a solution.

You mean even if I will succeed to turn casting on in amazon music app it will still be limited? I own wiim mini and also few chromecasts audio. I know they have limited quality but want to operate amazon from their app as wiim home has very limited functionality.

You mean even if I will succeed to turn casting on in amazon music app it will still be limited? I own wiim mini and also few chromecasts audio. I know they have limited quality but want to operate amazon from their app as wiim home has very limited functionality.
Limited in what way? I don’t find any limitation in using Amazon Music HD/UHD casting from the Amazon Music app using AlexaCast to a WiiM Mini.

Re Chromecast, and putting aside the WiiM Mini for a moment, I’m not sure Amazon Music supports that yet for hi res HD/UHD music, just the current lossy SD versions of tracks.

Wiim Home app has limited searching options and also only a part of my favorite playlists are visible. Also skipping from songs to artists/albums is limited.

Wiim Home app has limited searching options and also only a part of my favorite playlists are visible. Also skipping from songs to artists/albums is limited.
Ok, we were at cross purposes - you were talking about the WiiM app, while I was thinking about the Amazon Music app.

While the Amazon Music app does have its own limitations that are nothing to do with WiiM (like not being able to view the queue while casting unless you strangely go to the Alexa app to see it), it’s much better than the WiiM app, although the latter’s universal search across all services is a good feature if you use more than just Amazon Music.

I just want to turn off tidal but want to have similar functionality: casting straight from amazon app (i have few devices around the house I want to switch wille changing rooms) and have ability to use recommendations and artist radio etc and view my entire favorites (i made 100+ playlists in amazon music cos they dont have the option to add album to favorites). I know Chromecast's quality limitations but tidal casts to all. I was trying to make changes to uk location but I faced amazon music app error at the login page and it looped to location screen. I had to undo everything. I think wiim support should contact amazon for solution.

I just want to turn off tidal but want to have similar functionality: casting straight from amazon app (i have few devices around the house I want to switch wille changing rooms) and have ability to use recommendations and artist radio etc and view my entire favorites (i made 100+ playlists in amazon music cos they dont have the option to add album to favorites). I know Chromecast's quality limitations but tidal casts to all. I was trying to make changes to uk location but I faced amazon music app error at the login page and it looped to location screen. I had to undo everything. I think wiim support should contact amazon for solution.
It’s not a WiiM issue, it’s an Amazon regional issue - I’d expect you’d face the same issue trying to cast from the amazon music app to an amazon echo device due to where Alexa and amazon music are hosted for Polish users.

As I suggested, talk to @onlyoneme , I’m sure they’d be able to give you advice based on their relevant personal experience.

Back